DC area has 2nd-longest in commute in the nation

krazeeboi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a statistic that this area should be ashamed of. Because of uncontrolled suburban sprawl brought on by a strong regional economy, poor land use planning, stressed out infrastructure we have blown past the Los Angeles and San Francisco metros in commuting time. I hope this is a wake up call to the whole region DC, MD and VA that something drastic needs to be done to prevent us from seeing 24/7 Gridlock. Somehow I believe that the next report will show DC area as having the worst commutes in the Nation.

This is not an issue for me because I walk to and from work. I made a choice to forgo a larger place for the luxury of walking to work and I have not regretted it one bit in 6 years. I know not every one can make that choice, but I encourage those that can to look at living closer to work it really is good for the body, mind and soul.

Archived