US Airways Flight Operations Center with 600 Jobs

monsoon

Maybe I have an overly suspicious mind, but could it at all have anything to do with the negative reactions and bad press USAirways received here over the now-failed Delta merger? I don't think it could have been a primary reason, but possibly one of those when all else is equal kind of things.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is VERY DOUBTFUL. USAir received plenty of bad press in Pittsburgh about the failed hostile takeover of Delta as well. In fact, the media here has skewered USAir on a consistent basis since we lost our hub, 10,000 jobs and 350 flights since 9/11. I'm glad we get to preserve 450 of our jobs and gain another 150... but we are paying way too much for this... but that's the way the game is played.

Well, you could make the argument that the skewering done in Pittsburgh over the loss of the hub seemed justified whereas Charlotte may have appeared as whining about possibly losing it's hub, at any rate, I think my line of reasoning is probably incorrect, it's just that I've seen major decisions made over trivial, ego-related or emotional issues like this before...

Archived