Union Station & Excelsior Street Development

kevinhiggins

For a 1 story builing above ground....it is very stately and has great elevation.

I'm glad they left most of the old walls with the major trim and moldings. Especuially the old ticket booths and offices to the (to the left in 3rd pic). This building will need plenty of work and renovating and money but I believe it can become a great place for transportation and just to visit to look at the past. I really like the idea of having a museum next to it in the new building dedicated to transportation and/or the history of the neighborhood.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I dont know if anyone has been by the station lately. track work leaving union staion has really progressed. from Bus. 40 traveling East, you can see expansion work on the bbridge crossing over 52 and also 2 track lines instead of 1. theyre just now laying down the second line. Ill try to take pix when im home next week.

Archived