College Avenue Developments

mzweig

• 3 months later...

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know whats going on with the old Arvest at the corner of College Avenue and Poplar Street?  

Last I read on Fayetteville Flyer it was becoming a Bolder Coffee location tentatively set to open last summer ... the bank drive-thru was demolished and it appeared interior work was being done but the project seems to have just sat without any progress for the last several months.

On 3/31/2018 at 1:42 AM, zman9810 said:

Same with the one in Tontitown. Maybe financing problems?

When a project comes to a halt like that it sure seems to point to financial stress ... if thats the case hopefully they can overcome and finish the project.  This could be a nice addition to the stretch of College Avenue between Sycamore Street and Township Street.

Onyx is the best coffee in the region.  Maybe the best coffee in three states.  They're already in the same general neighborhood, and a new Starbucks just opened up the road.  I wonder how successful the other Bolder Coffee locations are.

2 hours ago, OzarkSingleSpeed said:

Good point ... competing with Onyx Coffee Lab in the same neighborhood would be difficult for any coffee shop (local or national brand).

I would not be disappointed to see Onyx move into a better location like the Arvest building with ample parking and better outdoor seating.  

Green Acres Rd behind the old Arvest is getting new sidewalks.  They did half of the street last year, and the other half is scheduled for this year.   If Poplar was a signal at College, I think you could see some walkable redevelopment happen in that small area.

I've never been to the new one.  I'll have to check it out.  

21 hours ago, comreguy said:

Puritan at Uptown is a solid alternative

21 hours ago, wmr said:

Green Acres Rd behind the old Arvest is getting new sidewalks.  They did half of the street last year, and the other half is scheduled for this year. 

I saw that as well ... made me wonder why sidewalks were never installed along Green Acres Road considering Woodland Junior High School is only a block away.

19 hours ago, OzarkSingleSpeed said:

I saw that as well ... made me wonder why sidewalks were never installed along Green Acres Road considering Woodland Junior High School is only a block away.

Woodland has only been there for 50-something years.  LOL.  Yeah, the city discussed this year changing how they prioritize their sidewalk program.  The whole midtown area is sorely lacking in sidewalk infrstructure compared to both newer and older parts of the city.  Hopefully it catches up quickly.

Archived