College Avenue Developments

mzweig

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates. I've heard of Shipley's, I believe they've had other locations in the state previously. Although as zman mentioned, it might be a rough location for them being so close to Rick's.

There are a few locations in Little Rock and several others scattered around the state. I've heard good things about them.

• 1 month later...

ARVEST has filed the paperwork with the state to move its College Avenue branch up the street to the corner of College and Township. Looks like they plan to start work this summer. Another concrete wasteland on N. College Avenue gets redone, more trees planted, and new construction to replace an old car dealership.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=130467.54928.142610

Their old location is a good looking building, I think its just too small for them. I think it would make a great spot for a restaurant or bar & grill when they move out.

The old EZ mart just south of BK on College Avenue is being ripped up.

At first I just thought they might be re-branding it, but yesterday I drove by and they had removed the canopy and it appeared they might be prepping to remove the underground tanks.

I'm not suprised to see this location suffer and close after Kum & Go opened.

Anybody know if there are plans for that spot?

I saw that Passages, (the hippie store) that had been in a small building just south of UAMSNW on the east side of College has closed. The other night I noticed a crew in that building cleaning or painting or both.

Anybody heard about anything new going in there?

Haven't heard anything on those. But I have heard Arvest is planning on moving it's branch from Poplar and College over to Township and College. Sounds like they plan construction starting this summer and the branch to be open sometime in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Braum's at Sunbridge and College is getting a facelift right now.

The Public Notices are out for the Arvest building that is going in at the SWC of Township and College. From what I have seen, it looks like the Burger King property will also benefit with some new trees and landscaping, as well as a reconfigured drive-thru. The whole look of those two parcels will be improved when Arvest builds there.

Braum's at Sunbridge and College is getting a facelift right now.

The Public Notices are out for the Arvest building that is going in at the SWC of Township and College. From what I have seen, it looks like the Burger King property will also benefit with some new trees and landscaping, as well as a reconfigured drive-thru. The whole look of those two parcels will be improved when Arvest builds there.

Nice to see some areas of College Ave slowly getting better. :)

• 3 months later...

The old Cadillac dealership at College and Zion is being renovated- someone please tell us that it is not going to be a used car lot!

GMC is remodeling it for themselves. They moved everything down to the old Mercedes dealership near Milsap until work is done on the building from what I understand.

GMC is remodeling it for themselves. They moved everything down to the old Mercedes dealership near Milsap until work is done on the building from what I understand.

Hopefully for office space- having a lot of pre-owned vehicles directly across from NWA Mall would be bad.

• 1 month later...

It may be nothing, but there is some activity at the old single-story house that is located just north of Sassy's Red House along N. College Avenue. It looks like they are either demo'ing it, or they are replacing the front porch area. I couldn't tell, but there is definitely something happening and there were people out there today.

It may be nothing, but there is some activity at the old single-story house that is located just north of Sassy's Red House along N. College Avenue. It looks like they are either demo'ing it, or they are replacing the front porch area. I couldn't tell, but there is definitely something happening and there were people out there today.

The woman who owns Grey Dog Vintage, one of the Airstream trailer businesses at Trenton and College, purchased the house and is renovating it. She's either moving Grey Dog into the house or creating a second, larger location.

The woman who owns Grey Dog Vintage, one of the Airstream trailer businesses at Trenton and College, purchased the house and is renovating it. She's either moving Grey Dog into the house or creating a second, larger location.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Walgreen's will have some new competition soon for the College and Township store as a CVS will be going in across the street.  I'm still not sure if they are tearing the entire Day's Inn complex down or just part of it.  I wish I could find some plans as to what exactly that corner will look like soon.

Walgreen's will have some new competition soon for the College and Township store as a CVS will be going in across the street.  I'm still not sure if they are tearing the entire Day's Inn complex down or just part of it.  I wish I could find some plans as to what exactly that corner will look like soon.

They are tearing down the main building on the corner, the pool area and the building behind it. Leaving three or four of the hotel buildings. Not sure how the hotel will operate with the main amenities being removed. Plans are available on the City of Fayetteville's website, as everything that goes to the planning commission is there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived