College Avenue Developments

mzweig

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The former "Stereo One" building south of Township, north of Poplar, has almost been completely renovated.  Anybody have any ideas if there is something specific going in there?  Its good to see another building improved and hopefully filled with something new sometime soon.

The latest site plan going before the planning commission for approval doesn't have the pad building where the law office is located.  I guess they couldn't reach a deal for that land.

I would say "yet."

Hey comreguy, any idea of another co-anchor for this project?  Apple Store?  Something cool?

Expect typical tenants in grocery anchored centers. Apple Store tends to be in lifestyle area. Not a fit here. I'm sure it will draw some of the best in their category of fast casual food, fitness, clothing, salon, etc.

Expect typical tenants in grocery anchored centers. Apple Store tends to be in lifestyle area. Not a fit here. I'm sure it will draw some of the best in their category of fast casual food, fitness, clothing, salon, etc.

Cool.  Thanks.  I guess then my hopes are for PeiWei and Urban Outfitters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like Family Dollar in Evelyn Hills is closing.  I've always thought that center could be more upmarket than Family Dollar. 

Every time I go there I imagine the alley portion in the middle of the center being redeveloped with some apts, balconies looking north, and at each other across the alley.  This property has a ton of potential, IMO.  

I never understood that location for Family Dollar. Totally see in Fiesta Square with a couple other discounters and a mainstream Grocery, the Wedington Corridor and along MLK like the strip center across from Lot 56 but that may be too close the existing South Fayetteville location

Oh noooo, not the one in lincoln. That will cause about 1/5th of its working population to loose work. Na I kid, I kid. I grew up near there. Is that place even growing these days?

On a side note, a few years ago I had to go through Lincoln and purchase some stuff. While my partner and I were getting everything these two guys came in. Note that they were missing several teeth (looked from excessive drug use but not sure) and smelled like they needed a bath a few months prior. One of the guys walked right up to the sales clerk and without saying hello asked, "who are you voting for?" The clerk, a younger gentleman, politly tried to avoid the questions. After a bit of back and forth the guy looked at the store clerk and said, " You aint gonna vote for Romney are ya? He's gunna let all them rich people keep their money."

This isn't to make a political statement of any sort. This was just a great example of what I have come to know Lincoln as. Makes me sad because it could be so much more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The old Subaru location on N. College Ave is going to be a guitar store called Sunrise Guitars.  The Nelms family bought out Ben Jack's and are going to move it to College Ave.  This will clean up another empty storefront on College Ave.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2014/12/03/nelms-family-purchases-ben-jacks-plans-move-to-larger-location-on-college-avenue/

Mark Zweig's transformation of the office building just south of Rick's Bakery is underway now.  I'm excited to see how that one turns out.  I haven't seen a rendering anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Hello, All.  Here's a quick look at 1200 N. College.  Going for sort of a Southwestern look--think Santa Fe.  The clock over the entry will hopefully become a larger, square clock that is made of an illuminated "Zweig Group" logo.  We'll see if we can get that cleared with the City and find someone to make it for us if so!

1200 North College South Elevations with Lights 09 23 14.pdf

Hello, All.  Here's a quick look at 1200 N. College.  Going for sort of a Southwestern look--think Santa Fe.  The clock over the entry will hopefully become a larger, square clock that is made of an illuminated "Zweig Group" logo.  We'll see if we can get that cleared with the City and find someone to make it for us if so!

Thanks Mark!  It is going to look great!

Archived