mzweig

College Avenue Developments

Another piece of College Ave blight bites the dust.  This is the former EZ mart just north of Evelyn Hills today:

bye ez mart.jpg

bye ez mart2.jpg

Here's a sign showing the new Starbucks-anchored strip going in next to CVS north of Township.  Lots of momentum on College Avenue now.

starbucks college ave.jpg

The old "Dome" bar property at the SW corner of  College Avenue and Sycamore, currently home to a UHaul place, has a For Sale sign out front now.  I think it is new.

I saw a sign for a Crossfit gym going into the former Binswanger Glass building on N. College Ave.  This is next door to the former Taco Bell.

The smaller AQ Express has a demolition company sign out front as of this weekend.  It's the same company that demo'd the former EZ mart in the pictures above.  Anybody heard what might be going there?

I noticed today that the auto repair shop at the NE corner of Lafayette and College looks cleaned out and vacant. What a high profile corner that is.  Hope something happens there.  I'd like to see some intense development from Lafayette to North to really extend downtown in that direction.  I can dream....

• Like 1

The city has begun installing the decorative light poles along College Avenue, from Maple St to North St on the east side of the road, now that the sidewalk is complete.  This little project will do a lot for College Avenue.  I drive down the section that was first planted with trees and it amazes me how green and shady that stretch of College Avenue already is.  Hopefully the city uses uniform trees this time around.  

Sunrise Guitars renovation on N. College is almost complete.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2016/09/01/sunrise-guitars-work-nears-completion-on-college-avenue-in-fayetteville/

Now the old Arvest at College & Poplar is up for sale.  This property is adjacent to the AQ building.  That area could be so much more than it currently is.  It has streets on three sides, and most of it isn't in the floodway, according to the maps available at the city website.

Edited by wmr

I have heard that there are buyers for the World Gym, Arvest and AQ Chicken properties along College Ave in midtown.

I'm wondering if anybody has heard who they buyer or buyers of these properties might be?

On 12/11/2016 at 3:47 PM, wmr said:

I have heard that there are buyers for the World Gym, Arvest and AQ Chicken properties along College Ave in midtown.

I'm wondering if anybody has heard who they buyer or buyers of these properties might be?

I know that the old Arvest went under contract quickly.  Rumor is a coffee shop of some sort but I have not heard anything about the AQ or World Gym as of yet.

• Like 2

There seemed to be some minor demo work going on at the AQ Express building yesterday. That would be a great spot for a coffee shop.

If I swing by there again today I'll see if there's anybody there to ask.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2016 at 11:28 AM, strmchsr77 said:

I know that the old Arvest went under contract quickly.  Rumor is a coffee shop of some sort but I have not heard anything about the AQ or World Gym as of yet.

Demo dumpsters are placed around the old Arvest.  I guess the sale closed or is heading that way.  I think it would be a great spot for one of the local coffee shops.  Anybody heard anything?

Demo continues on the interior of the old AQ Express site a block away.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:22 PM, wmr said:

Demo dumpsters are placed around the old Arvest.  I guess the sale closed or is heading that way.  I think it would be a great spot for one of the local coffee shops.  Anybody heard anything?

Demo continues on the interior of the old AQ Express site a block away.

I think it is going to be a new coffee shop.

2 hours ago, ash72704 said:

I think the group that bought it is the same group that owns the Dairy Queen in Farmington.  

It is, they also bought property in tontitown. They have Dairy Queen and a coffee franchise 

Here's a pic of the new building going in where the old EZ mart was, next to Tacos for Life, and a picture of new townhomes rising up behind Evelyn Hills.  There are already some townhomes on the north side as well.  That center could be such a great "town center" type redevelopment.  It is way over-parked, and residential components make sense that close to campus and UAMS-NW.

college ave strip1.jpg

co op townhomes1.jpg

co op townhomes2.jpg

On 1/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, mzweig said:

I think it is going to be a new coffee shop.

State plumbing website shows an application for a "Bolder Coffee Co" on Green Acres Rd.  Not sure which building this will be, either Arvest or the AQ Express building.

51 minutes ago, wmr said:

State plumbing website shows an application for a "Bolder Coffee Co" on Green Acres Rd.  Not sure which building this will be, either Arvest or the AQ Express building.

Arvest I believe 

The city is discussing a mass re-zone of the commercial properties between Maple and North St to form-based, mixed-use zones.  Thoughts on this?  I like it.  I feel like I've been waiting for this area to become an extension of downtown for a decade.

college ave rezone.jpg

• Like 1

I see a plumbing permit for a "Crisis Brewing Co" at 210 S. Archibald Yell Blvd, and I found this:  http://crisisbrew.com/

I also see the permits are happening for the Prairie Street Apartments, which are the little development next door to Greenhouse Grille.  Good for South Fay.

• Like 1

Looks like MediServe walk in clinic is planned for that lot where Cheers used to be. Its a relocation from their current location close by to a new building on that lot.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 0:13 AM, zman9810 said:

Looks like MediServe walk in clinic is planned for that lot where Cheers used to be. Its a relocation from their current location close by to a new building on that lot.

Can I get an Amen