New Peter Martin Wege Theater

mgreven

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I remembered seeing the rendering on here, but I can't seem to figure out where...I definitely remember Nate (numstead) making a crack at D+ using curves. Otherwise, I would've posted the rendering awhile ago. I'll see if I can get something clearer later this week

• 1 month later...

An update on the funding for the new Theatre already under construction:

"The Kresge Foundation on Thursday awarded a challenge grant to the ballet company, asking it to raise $1.1 million to receive a $400,000 grant. "

"Since August, the ballet's fundraising campaign has raised $4.8 million for the project, whose goals include adding a 300-seat theater to the company's building. The Kresge grant of $400,000 will complete its $6.2 million campaign goal."

The complete article can be read on Mlive here:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grpress....xml&coll=6

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll see your St. Mary's pics sparky, and raise you 3 Wege Center for Dance ones :shades: :

489242926_e1c8d01b7e.jpg

Looks like they are going add something onto those gawd-awful blocks:

489242948_24f8f6d732.jpg

Glass wall side:

489242940_4e7ad8a502.jpg

Sorry, make that four. The double steel trusses caught my eye on this one. Anyone know the signficance?

489289273_250eebfc8f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I drove by and this project looks to be wrapping up. I'll try and get some photos this week. Fox17 had a report tonight that showed the green roof being planted today, which looked great! (forgot that this had a green roof)

Much of Grandville is also finished in this area and looks pretty nice.

As promised. Not a bad looking addition, and LEED Certified, although it looks like they made some changes from the renderings:

1140623460_fc4a6da49d_b.jpg

1139784061_e0cfe333a2_b.jpg

Looking across the new streetscaping:

1139809897_8cffea088f_b.jpg

1139758923_5503a75b8e_b.jpg

And from the other angle. It appears that there is some kind of design on the inside of the windows. It will be interesting to see this at night. The small street that was there behind the firehouse is now gone and replaced with expanded parking. No more crumbled roads and disintegrated curbs.

1139743625_bdb1483f85_b.jpg

Never mind, it does look a lot like the rendering. They just show it at night, so the brick color looks more gray:

243567412_f0478610e3_o.jpg

What another great addition to Grand Rapids' cultural attractions!

Boy, that whole section of town is shaping up nicely. If only someone could get that Engine House out of the hands of Azar (at a resonable price) and make it into a "Fire House Grill." I can see a great patio with those doors flung open. With that Auditorium, and Founders Brewing on the way, they are great anchors to support more development. Maybe the Horseshoe Bar is next? The Street looks great too!

Boy, that whole section of town is shaping up nicely. If only someone could get that Engine House out of the hands of Azar (at a resonable price) and make it into a "Fire House Grill." I can see a great patio with those doors flung open. With that Auditorium, and Founders Brewing on the way, they are great anchors to support more development. Maybe the Horseshoe Bar is next? The Street looks great too!

Archived