$100 Million Highrise Coming to Branson

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, another large scale condo project, that makes like three or four highrises planned for that area.

I knew that developments like this would keep coming. I hope this thing is around 15-20 stories, the land it sits on is high up and the views are phenomenal! I wonder who this Huffman guy is......he built the Landing and now he's going to build a huge mixed use tower overlooking his beautiful Branson Landing! I hope he is serious when he say's that he wants to get Prada and Armani in there.

I'm not to sure those will come to Branson.

But then again, Branson is a tourist capitol, Who knows?

I don't know.......I'm a little sceptacle my self. But you have to look at what this guy has done and what he plans on doing. He thougth up the landing and made it possible through his funding and then plans this high rise condotel overlooking the BL. The restaurant, he said, "will be on the top two floors of the tower and there will be shooting jets of colorful water soaring over the heads of the diners." Although it is still Prada and Armani, like always we will have to wait and see.

Although it is still Prada and Armani, like always we will have to wait and see.

Exactly. Each company has it's own set guidelines for their stores. Sometimes these sway when there's a heavy tourist influence. You have to remember that not everyone visiting the Branson area is a multi millionare who has plenty of disposable income.

WoW!

That's awesome. $100 million? That's a VERY impressive figure.

Looks like Branson is really moving up!

I was shocked when they said 100 million too. That figure makes me think that this will be fairly tall becasue alot of medium sized skyscrapers (hammons tower) cost that much to build. I just can't wait to see the rendering!

I was shocked when they said 100 million too. That figure makes me think that this will be fairly tall becasue alot of medium sized skyscrapers (hammons tower) cost that much to build. I just can't wait to see the rendering!

You have to factor in that Hammons Tower was built a long time ago. This is also going to be a resort, with condos in it as well. $100 Million could be factored into streets, sewars, retail, etc. If I had to guess, I would say something around 15 Floors.

You have to factor in that Hammons Tower was built a long time ago. This is also going to be a resort, with condos in it as well. $100 Million could be factored into streets, sewars, retail, etc. If I had to guess, I would say something around 15 Floors.

I know, I was just thinking that it will be "around" 15 or more stories. Although prices for construction materials are skyrocketing $100 million goes farther than you might think. I have a feeling all of the retail, pool, parking, etc................will be stacked on top of eachother. That plot of land is maybe 4 acres at best.

Branson should hope the condos in that highrise condotel seel better than the condos at Branson's Landing. I'd swear none of them were lived in yet.

Ummmm.......All of the condo's were sold out before the construction even began. The reason no one is living in them is beacuse they are not finished. The completion date is set for October.

I watched the 6 O' Clock news and they ran a story about the hotel and said that it would be 25 stories and be a luxury all inclusive resort. I can not believe the kind of developments coming to this area, it's INSANE IN THE MEMBRAIN!!!!! BTW it has already been approved!!!!!!

I watched the 6 O' Clock news and they ran a story about the hotel and said that it would be 25 stories and be a luxury all inclusive resort. I can not believe the kind of developments coming to this area, it's INSANE IN THE MEMBRAIN!!!!! BTW it has already been approved!!!!!!

I bet the time-share hawkers are drooling in anticipation. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

In today's News-Leader, the Branson Alderman has been in discussions on the hieght of the resort and after 4 hours of termoil, the maximum height for the hotel is 12 stories. Which I think is more reasonable because that property sits about 50 above highway 65 so it would seem way to tall at 25 stories.

For all you Northwest Arkansan's

This is the same setup as the Embassy Suites in NWA. As you drive down I-540 you see this massive building that looks alot bigger than it really is, but once you get closer you realize that it is only a 10 story building.

Mr. Huffman, the builder of Branson Landing and this hotel, also said that he is interested in Downtown Springfield. He said all of the new development and redevelopment is getting noticed on a much bigger level as all of the developments continue.

• 2 months later...

Here is the most recent article on it on the Springfield Business Journal site:

Branson board reverses stance on high-rise hotel

I guess it was on the Nov 27 meeting, but I just noticed in that article that it mentions another vote on it on Dec 11. I haven't heard anything about how that second vote went.

There was also an article on the Springfield News-Leader site, but I can't find it now. It's somewhere in the archives.

Archived