Traffic Congestion and Highway Construction

monsoon

15 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here is an article how first responders are practicing on the new Monroe Toll Bypass.  Opens Nov. 27.  I have to get my toll transponder soon I guess.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/16/photosfirst-responders-test-out-monroe-expressway.html

The overpasses look nice with the brick. Also, cool that the name of the road is on there.

• Like 2

I agree with the above noted comment.  Typically Toll Road Facilities in NC have an Aesthetics Package included in them to make the thoroughfare attractive and distinctive.  Obviously this upfront cost will be recouped by the Toll Paying Drivers.  Most non-tolled facilities won't / don't have them because due to streamlining costs.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:04 AM, tozmervo said:

2018-11-20 08.17.13.jpg

I drove by this for the first time this past week while travelling for Thanksgiving, and man . . . that red is way more vibrant in person.  I thought it looked really bad and doesn't really look all that much like brick.  They probably should have just painted the fake brick and left the support beams unpainted.  It looks like it is being  painted by a kindergarten class.

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Waiting patiently for it to show up on google maps.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes - Most of I-85 through Cabarrus County will be opening all lanes fully within the next few weeks (maybe a month or two).  Contractor completing work in phases on some ramps, lanes, shoulder etc.

I-85 widening through Rowan County (the dreaded China Grove bottleneck) won't be completed until much later next year.  I believe until sometime around July/Nov timeframe of 2019.  

That'll be a joyous day once I-85 & I-77 (Yes, Toll lanes and all...:tw_tired:) are completed towards the end of 2019.  Driving mobility into and leaving the Charlotte Metro will be much improved .

• Like 3