Traffic Congestion and Highway Construction

monsoon

North Carolina's hottest club is called: Construct. And let me tell you it's got everything! Cement mixer trucks full of bubbles, a dance routine by the Village People all dressed as the construction worker, and "three-man-foreman!" (That's when two bi-lingual midgets sit on a full-sized workers shoulders and delegate jobs in Spanish, English and made-up-sign language). 

edit: in case some don't get the reference [LINK]

Edited by New Name
  • Like 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzHwff8Leow

Some video editor at NCDOT just smoked something good .    :shok:

Decided to write a little Buzzfeed article about it. Unfortunately the video is having trouble showing up on the page, but I'm sure you've all seen it by now.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/eddiemansius/so-apparently-north-carolina-gets-trippy-hnjv

• Like 1

Love it.   Yeah, the video doesn't come up on your article.  But still a great video.   

The funny thing is, it is so crazy that it actually doesn't even give you a sense of the actual construction at all.  But the entertainment value does make it worthwhile.   I love when the truck jumps from one side of the road to the other.

The Odell School Rd/DDI bridge over I-485 and Ridge Rd connector is finally open for traffic (Mallard Creek Rd was realigned to travel through a DDI interchange over I-485 and travel under the new Ridge Rd brindge to connect to Odell School Rd).  The temporary traffic signal at Ridge Rd/Mallard Creek Rd has been taken down. No more nasty traffic back ups, for now at least.  The DDI is looking awesome!  

Edited by ArtieP

The Odell School Rd/DDI bridge over I-485 and Ridge Rd connector is finally open for traffic (Mallard Creek Rd was realigned to travel through a DDI interchange over I-485 and travel under the new Ridge Rd brindge to connect to Odell School Rd).  The temporary traffic signal at Ridge Rd/Mallard Creek Rd has been taken down. No more nasty traffic back ups, for now at least.  The DDI is looking awesome!  

I went this way last weekend.  I was really excited as I've been watching this construction for months.  I have to admit, it's a bit tricky right now since it's not finished - traffic is guided by barrels, you're going the "wrong way" for a time, and the traffic lights aren't functioning.  And it was really bad at night (and raining no-less) since the lights aren't on yet.

I went this way last weekend.  I was really excited as I've been watching this construction for months.  I have to admit, it's a bit tricky right now since it's not finished - traffic is guided by barrels, you're going the "wrong way" for a time, and the traffic lights aren't functioning.  And it was really bad at night (and raining no-less) since the lights aren't on yet.

Yeah, I was hoping they were going to turn the new high-mast lights on, at the least.  Hopefully the turn the lights on at the Loganville traffic circles as well.  They are making some progress though!