Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

john_denver

GR Press - Building Demolition

15 posts in this topic

I noticed the small building in the NW corner of their back parking lot being razed.

Are they just making more room for employee parking?

I was hoping they would continue on with the main building...

Sweet! Now we'll all have an unobstructed view of their parking lot!

As Chris said in his article, the GR Press has ample parking. I would say so, they own 4 other prime surface lots just north of 196. I am sure some of you already knew this but it was news to me.

I assume they are holding onto it purely for investment purposes. Maybe they want to build a "Grand Rapids Press Museum" on the land they own.

Chris Knape has a brief log on this:

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner/

I jumping for joy! :yahoo: (aheluiah chorus playing loudly in background) An ugly building gets traded for more ugly asphalt in the city!

I really hated that building the windows didnt even look big enough for a human to jump outta is that even safe>? But i dont know if id rather see a parking lot than that building.

I drove by there yesterday and the garage was almost gone already. It's weird having it completely open in that area, but that building was so ugly.

Somebody should have slipped them a Benjamin and had them "accidentally" destabilize the foundation of the main building. Now that would be a nice "whoops". ;)

Joe

Slipping them the keys to a Porche would work too ;)

You beat me to it sparky!

231882284_ef2d5637e0_b.jpg

On Chris Knape's blog noted earlier, there was this part:

Our publisher, Dan Gaydou, has said we have no plans to sell or develop either of those properties (although he always adds if there was a project in the community's best interest that required our properties, he'd at least hear them out).

Read: MSU Med School?

Somebody should have slipped them a Benjamin and had them "accidentally" destabilize the foundation of the main building. Now that would be a nice "whoops". ;)

Joe

That's what I was gonna say! All the hafta do now is knock down the bigger one just to the south and I'll be happy panda. :D

The best part is, you can't show a picture of this thing without a crane in the background. :yahoo:

That's what I was gonna say! All the hafta do now is knock down the bigger one just to the south and I'll be happy panda. :D

I've always thought The Press's HQ looked like a gigantic version of Nintendo's old 8 bit video game console. :wacko: