Help me plan a Bachelor Party!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're into drinking get a Dadd's magic bus/van thing. I had one and it was cool and we could go all over town and not worry about having to drive. If you're looking for a place to hang out, try Wengers Bowling alley on Leonard. It's a hole in the wall two story bowling alley. It's always been a great time when I was there.

McFadden's caters to those kinds of parties pretty well with drink/appetizer specials if you call them and set it up.

well now that the strip clubs suck :D it all depends on which night, what month, what time...... give us some details

Thinking Saturday 9/16/06 sometime after afternoon golf and before the bars close!

I would really like for this to be [deep radio voice] “THE GREATEST BACHELOR PARTY EVER!” [/deep radio voice]

For that to happen, I need to come up with something that will help bring all the guys together, show my buddy a phenomenal time, and not get us arrested.

Thinking Saturday 9/16/06 sometime after afternoon golf and before the bars close!

I think I'll be bar hopping for the same purpose that night. I wouldn't recommend going to any local strip clubs. I haven't been, but I haven't heard anything even REMOTELY good about them. And to GRDad -- I think you're probably a little too elderly to enjoy the bar hopping, but that doesn't mean it's not fun for the rest of us. :thumbsup:

I think I'll be bar hopping for the same purpose that night. I wouldn't recommend going to any local strip clubs. I haven't been, but I haven't heard anything even REMOTELY good about them. And to GRDad -- I think you're probably a little too elderly to enjoy the bar hopping, but that doesn't mean it's not fun for the rest of us. :thumbsup:

Hahaha.. i've seen him tip a few back :rofl: ...

Golf is fun.. I threw twoshort his bach party, and I must say it was awesome. I have also done one where we went and played Paintball for a few hours in Allendale, everyone went home, changed and then met back up for food and bar crawling later. It's helpful to have 2 things plan just in case you have people who aren't "into the bars".

Elderly?? Ouch! PBJ's right, but pub crawling has pretty much left my vocabulary, so I'm not the best person to ask. The golf-change-hit the bars idea sounds pretty good. Skip the skanky strip clubs.

Try nine holes at The Mines on Covell. It's very close to downtown, and it's a pretty interesting course.

I was thinking about Starting out in the afternoon with 9 holes at a local public course, then doing dinner some place at the BOB, then maybe hitting up McFadden’s, then One Trick Pony, then Mojo’s (if that is the name of the piano bar) and then ending the night at a local “scantily clad dancing female” place if there is one. Ending the night with just sitting around the condo playing poker for those who are not passed out.

And the womens are ok with that? :huh: C'mon there is plenty of things to do for a party that doesn't involve what TV says we should do...

Whatever happened to the group of buddies just chillin' at the homeboy's house putting 40s to the chin and some pizza, or even the backyard wrestling??

To each his own I guess.

And the womens are ok with that? :huh: C'mon there is plenty of things to do for a party that doesn't involve what TV says we should do...

Whatever happened to the group of buddies just chillin' at the homeboy's house putting 40s to the chin and some pizza, or even the backyard wrestling??

To each his own I guess.

Just attended one last week --- here was the day:

A) 9 holes of Golf @ Scott Lake. (Nice course, first time I've been there).

B) BBQ @ groomsman's house. Food, beer, etc.

C) Start Bonfire...(maybe we started it a little early, but oh well).

D) Threw 2 TVs and 2 Playstations in the bed of a pickup and played playstation outside by the bonfire.

E) Repeat steps B-D. :)

Pretty low-key - but fun nonetheless. Also, none of the missuses were upset!

I'm sorry Michael but I'm not feeling this plan. You can do better. I think you said many of the guests would be from out of town. C'mon champ, even my baby sister could think of a more fun night out.

And this is the reason that I am asking for help on this one!

Forget GR. It's Vegas baby.

What's that strange movie with Jeremy Piven (?), where they go to Vegas for a bachelor party and accidentally kill the prostitute they hire, and then they all start killing each other off one by one with the last guy (Jon Favreau) severely dismembered. A very dark comedy (but very funny in some parts). Not a horror movie, although it sounds like it.

Ah yes, Very Bad Things - 1998

The ending part with Cameron Diaz is pure classic moviedom.

Rent that for your buddy Michaelskis.

A friend of mine had his a couple of weekends ago.

It consisted of....

1. Computer gaming at some local place

I'm guessing either ULX or eDen... only gaming places in town I know of (excluding 44th St.)

If the guys are into gaming, then that could be a good option. I'd suggest ULX or Sector VII (ULX is on Leonard, and they've got a 20 foot projection screen you could watch just about any movie on) and Sector VII is by Rivertown somewheres, never been there though.

I'd throw in suggestions for other things to do for a bachelor party, but I'm a gamer geek... that's all I can possibly think of xD

Try nine holes at The Mines on Covell. It's very close to downtown, and it's a pretty interesting course.

Great course and great idea with one caveat, make sure all the golfers can keep pace. We had a rookie golfer with us the first time we played the Mines and the guy slowed us down so much we got repeated warnings from rangers for slow play, even though we were often waiting for a twosome in front of our foursome.

I may never go back there because of that.

I'm guessing either ULX or eDen... only gaming places in town I know of (excluding 44th St.)

If the guys are into gaming, then that could be a good option. I'd suggest ULX or Sector VII (ULX is on Leonard, and they've got a 20 foot projection screen you could watch just about any movie on) and Sector VII is by Rivertown somewheres, never been there though.

I'd throw in suggestions for other things to do for a bachelor party, but I'm a gamer geek... that's all I can possibly think of xD

And perhaps that might be why you probably won't be the guest of honor at one soon!

(Tony, I'm ribbing ya. No offense is intended nor implied. Me neither.)

Great course and great idea with one caveat, make sure all the golfers can keep pace. We had a rookie golfer with us the first time we played the Mines and the guy slowed us down so much we got repeated warnings from rangers for slow play, even though we were often waiting for a twosome in front of our foursome.

I may never go back there because of that.

If I were including golf, I'd make it a putt-putt.

The Rapid Wheelmen have an annual "road rally" where we ride to different locations and look for clues or solve a puzzle to get us to the next stop. Ends with a big picnic. One year it was: figure out the puzzle (sent to the highest point in Johnson Park), corn maze, Ford museum, DQ on Walker, back to Millenium Park. The next year it was the place by the stadium in Cornstalk Park (skill tests of go-karts and skiing games), Rapid station, John Ball Park, ice cream, bowling alley (it took me longer to change shoes than to bowl a strike), Belknap hill, then back to Riverside park.

Since your clientele is out-of-towners, I'd make the clues real easy.

And you simply must include the Fish Ladder.

drinking at Z's, then drinking and Flanigans, then drinking at the Anchor

Those are great selections for bachelor party bars. The BOB and Mojos? Not so much. The BOB an Mojos are for :wub:bachelorette :wub: parties.

Bowling at the Clique would also be a great spot, my brother took my bachelor party there and it was crazy fun.

Archived