Future of Birmingham (Birmingham in 2016)

tic404

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I realize I got all emo on Denver and never said what I think this area will be like in 10 years.

I HOPE public transit can get a huge kick into gear, which will allow visitors and residents alike to get around the area.

I, too, HOPE both RR and Red Mtn Park can get off the ground.

Finally, I HOPE that people in this area will see that successful growth and higher quality of life are dependent on these kinds of projects being implemented.

In addition, I'd like to see the downtown area serve some sort of "purpose" for locals and visitors. There is so much potential (and land), yet nothing can get off the ground.

I'd also like to see an entertainment district, so people don't have to either drive drunk, or spend $40 a night on cab fare to get to multiple bars and restaurants.

If I recall correctly, it was 2nd to the zoo among paid attractions (so the figure doesn't include parks, malls, beach, etc) in the state last year. Of course, being near the top Alabama tourist attractions is like being one of the fastest tortoises in a gazelle race, but it's still positive for an attraction whose viability was in doubt before the current group bought it.

Archived