RI Sept. 12th Primary Election

Cotuit

it wasn't in my calendar! Alix told me she was going to cancel it, and then i never heard another thing, plus i was stuck at the office waiting for the cityyear people to come get tools. what happened? did you guys squash a playground plan yet or what?

and will there be snacks at the Regency? if so, what kind?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh well... i didn't unenroll... i was hoping to vote in the republican primary to keep chafee. :D

I intend to.

And to disaffiliate ASAP afterwards.

I was at City Hall today in Cranston to ensure that my information is all in order. I walked by Laffey's SUV on the way in. I briefly considered kicking his tires, then decided it on the grounds that it was enough that I was visiting City Hall for the explicit purpose of helping to make sure he doesn't win his campaign. :thumbsup:

i'd love it if after 65 minutes since polls closed, i could actually get some information on the board of elections website.

hard to believe that i have to get "real time" info from the Journal.

grrrr.

it has been over 70 minutes since polls closed--how is it that Providence hasn't reported yet?

could it be that providence by far has the most votes to count?

Is he that obnoxious young (no pun intended) white guy who goes around proudly telling everyone that he's from South Providence? I can remember a guy like that during the last election.

That would be him. I checked out his website and he seems like quite the nutjob. He also had a big cross on some of his banners. Not sure if this means "dont vote for the jew" or if he has some born-again bent to him.

That would be him. I checked out his website and he seems like quite the nutjob. He also had a big cross on some of his banners. Not sure if this means "dont vote for the jew" or if he has some born-again bent to him.

he is an absolute nut. And those of us involved with politics in the last 5 or 6 years will remember him from just about every election held. And the fact that he got something like 25% of the vote strikes me as incredibly intresting--because those folks CHOSE to vote for him, over a sitting mayor. What also amazes me is that no one is talking about this... Makes you wonder what would have happened had there been an actual candidate for the mayor to actually run against in the primary. Maybe the republican dr. from the east side will heat things up a bit now til november...We'll see, i guess!

Archived