Anchor Bar -Charlotte

rockhilljames

Did anyone see the article in the Observer today talking about the new Anchor Bar to be opened in Concord? Apparently it will serve as the training center for all future franchise operators.

They also mentioned a second location which will open close to the NASCAR HoF. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to where it could be located?

Here's the original Anchor Bar in Buffalo:

pic1.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
Major Bump here...Does anybody have any news on the Anchor Bar's opening in Concord? I am really looking forward to eating some real Buffalo Wings ;)

I have yet to notice a permit come across for it in Concord.

I've been to anchor bar in buffalo and I've had bad wings and great wings, it really depends on the day. I thought there were plans to open one in downtown as well as concord, did I just make that up?

I'm from Buffalo and Anchor Bar is a way of life up there. Creation of the first as we know if "Buffalo Wing". You get a story on every cup on how it all got started. When I heard Anchor Bar was coming, I got so excited, it's very delicious and a genuine taste of the north. For some facts: Buffalo has a wing festival up there every year, and Anchor Bar actually hasn't won in recent years, Wing Stop or Wing Zone, I forget which have actually received some awards as best wing, and ironically enough they are franchises here in Charlotte! Even more ironically, Wing Zone doesn't even have a franchise in Buffalo (yet), and come out of Atlanta. They are actively looking to finally reach the Buffalo market, which makes sence, it's where the Buffalo Wing was created!

Archived