Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexy

New Camera. Three Pictures.

32 posts in this topic

Here is a taste of what is to come from me in the next week or so. These are rough and unedited so overlook any obvious mistakes as they will be eliminated from the finals. Enjoy.

Michael

apicunedited2.jpg

apicunedited3.jpg

apicunedited1.jpg

Those are some of the best photos I've ever seen. I want to take lessons!!

Thank you. Would you believe me if I told you I haven't had one minute of schooling for this? I hope so, because it's the truth. LOL!! Anyone can do it if they really set out to do it.

Michael, I expect to see your work on the postcard racks before long. Better and better every time.

Thanks Dave. I certainly have to credit Casey's eye as well. She's the eyes in the back of my head when I am out there.

I know this turns it into more than three pictures, but oh well. Here are the rest of what I shot while walking around downtown and driving around. I shot a couple pans and a couple skyline shots. I am still trying to get the feel for the camera and develop a routine with it so it becomes easier to shoot with at night.

Again, these are unedited. The only thing I have done to them is sharpen them so they look "better". One picture has been editied of the group however. It is the one looking up at the War Memorial Plaza. That one is finished.

apicunedited4.jpg

apicunedited5.jpg

apicunedited6.jpg

This will become a larger panoramic picture in the next week or so.

asmallpanofromdaysinn.jpg

apicunedited7.jpg

adeadendstreet.jpg

Wowzers! Those are some awesome photographs!

Hey, do you think there is any way we could see some night shots of the Schermerhorn? I have heard tell that the fountains and the limestone looks stunning when the sun goes down.

No hurry! Your great night shots have just made me greedy...

Beautiful photos Lexy!!! :D The city never looked better. Nashville's density is looking very good, I cant wait to add Encore, Suntrust, and Sig to the future photos.

ALRIGHT!!! I am excited...we finally have a Nashville photographer who can take BETTER than average photos! By that I mean a photographer who can make the city look even better simply through his skill. Awesome photos buddy. I look forward to more!

BTW, I LOVE what they've done with the court house and war memorial plaza!!!

Can I ask what kind of camera you just bought? I'm actually looking into buying a new camera soon and I want one that takes high quality night shots.

The 'pics' are hot, Lexy..Keep it up.. Nashville looks good..THe last one is my favorite..

Amazing work.

I especially like the last photo on the first post.

I agree. That last one is pretty darn sweet. I really look forward to more photos. I don't get how you always manage to find the best skyline pictures.

Thanks everyone. I sincerly appreciate it.

NewTowner, I am certainly headed that direction next. The Symphony Hall looks stunning at night!

I use a Canon Power Shot S2. It is just a replacement for an older camera. I am getting a new Canon 30D, with zoom lens, at Christmas. If you like these, you'll love the pictures from it.

Is there any way that you can ake some pictures of the new symphony center? It would be nice to see some night shots with the fountains and all. Thanks

I am going to do that soon. They are working on the fountains still. When they get them up and running, I will certainly do that.

Great job, Lexy. Those are some awesome night time exposures. All of the color and great detail are really fantastic. More please.

Amazing work.

I especially like the last photo on the first post.

Agreed.

Awesome work, Michael! And think, this is only the beginning! What kind of camera are you using?

Oh, by the way. Tou may not have taken lesson, but there's no mistaking pure talent when you see it. Love your photos!

I use a Canon Power Shot S2.

I think I just found my replacement camera judging by the quality of these pics. Outstanding!

Thanks guys.

Duke, I would highly recommend this or the newer version of it to anyone.

Yes sir. I try to keep it open long enough to capture the light and then the effects just happen.