PROPOSED: 7th Wave Resort (aka Shipwreck Falls)

mental757

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RI REALLY needs a theme park of some sort. Before they bought and converted what is now 6-flags - they looked to build new in southern RI - only to encounter NIMBYs. I've heard of a proposed NASCAR related project too, but that probsbly won't happen. Utopia will be close enough, but it would sure be nice to have a 'signature' park right here in-State.

disclaimer: these opinions are not meant to take away from exisiting attraction in RI and the area (zoo, battelship MASS, Newport, Providence, etc.).

RI REALLY needs a theme park of some sort. Before they bought and converted what is now 6-flags - they looked to build new in southern RI - only to encounter NIMBYs. I've heard of a proposed NASCAR related project too, but that probsbly won't happen. Utopia will be close enough, but it would sure be nice to have a 'signature' park right here in-State.

disclaimer: these opinions are not meant to take away from exisiting attraction in RI and the area (zoo, battelship MASS, Newport, Providence, etc.).

Working on the Rocky Point movie project has made me long for it to reopen in the worst way... I actually found myself on websites selling amusement rides putting together the perfect rocky point setup in my head.... A nice big wooden roller coaster where the corkscrew used to be... reopen the dinner hall...

I'm curious if the condos will ever actually happen. They are having all sorts of issues with water/sewer service, and then when you add in the fact that the condo market is getting soft.... I really wish the state had done more to step in and either save the park or buy it and turn it into just a regular state park... Its such a beautiful place. Its also sad that the park itself was doing OK business wise - what ultimately drove them under was other non park related investments and lots of terrible mis-management. It had risen from the ashes so many times in its history that I just kept hoping it would somehow do it again.

www.rockypointmovie.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived