Atlanta Skyline pics

waltand07

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have yet to see good pics of Atlanta's skyline, or any that do it proper justice, these included, on official publications. One day I am going to take my camera with me as I make the approach DT via I-85, any pic from that approach is going to yield an awesome view. As I am 5 hours away, though, anyone local do the same and post?

Great Shots. I love that first one. Many people who have never been to Atlanta don't realize how large and expansive the Atlanta skyline is. It is larger than the skyline of Los Angeles, Seattle, and many other cities which outsiders think have larger or "superior" skylines.

Great Shots. I love that first one. Many people who have never been to Atlanta don't realize how large and expansive the Atlanta skyline is. It is larger than the skyline of Los Angeles, Seattle, and many other cities which outsiders think have larger or "superior" skylines.

Very true. Its skyline is so long, they have plenty of space to fill in for future development. It is becoming more dense every year i can see.

Nice pics. I saw a fantastic pic on flikr that appeared to be from the Cityview condos which isnt a very attractive building but that view is worth a million bucks.

Atlanta's skyline can look so different depending on the angle the pic is taken. It almost makes you say is that the same city.

Many people who have never been to Atlanta don't realize how large and expansive the Atlanta skyline is. It is larger than the skyline of Los Angeles, Seattle, and many other cities which outsiders think have larger or "superior" skylines.

I agree. For Los Angeles to be the 2nd largest city in the US it's skyline has to be the worst major city skyline I have ever seen. Atlanta's skyline is more impressive that LA's.

LA, like Atlanta, has several skylines--they're just located farther apart since LA is so frickin' huge (and this picture doesn't even get all of them--downtown is to the left in the background):

54691255.LAPano.jpg

But I will agree that downtown LA's skyline is lacking and that Atlanta has a better overall skyline on a per capita basis.

Hmmm I wonder if you've seen enough of LA's skyline. For one downtown LA's sudden height is quite impressive in person and its also pretty dense. Ironically Atlanta is developing simular to LA's Wilshire corridor from with highrises along Peachtree from downtown to Buckhead.

http://mk23.image.pbase.com/u14/jazzmaster...elesSkyline.jpg

I think everyone is Atlanta sees LA's skyline all the time. For some strange reason, everytime the producers of "Vanished" turns their cameras on Atlanta, it looks just like downtown LA. :) A few weeks back a huge "Wells Fargo" sign was clearly visable on the side of a skyscraper while the Library Tower loomed in the background.

Also it's funny how many cities have a desolate area that looks exactly like sepulveda dam... at least on tv and the movies.

LA, like Atlanta, has several skylines--they're just located farther apart since LA is so frickin' huge (and this picture doesn't even get all of them--downtown is to the left in the background):

54691255.LAPano.jpg

But I will agree that downtown LA's skyline is lacking and that Atlanta has a better overall skyline on a per capita basis.

LA has a OK skyline. I think Seattle and Frisco have better skyline's though. The second skyline(the one we never see in LA) are majority box shaped.

54691255.LAPano.jpg

I never understood why Atlanta is deemed capitol of Sprawl when Los Angeles could drown us in it's own and no one notice.

P.S. I like that LA panorama until I noticed that thick smog... :sick: Fellow Atlantans behold your future.

I never understood why Atlanta is deemed capitol of Sprawl when Los Angeles could drown us in it's own and no one notice.

P.S. I like that LA panorama until I noticed that thick smog... :sick: Fellow Atlantans behold your future.

Amen!

I just spent a hellish week in LA and will never complain about Atlanta sprawl and traffic again!

Being from a rural area I always notice the smog that accompanies a city of any size including Atlanta, Washington D.C. and Charleston. Of course the level of smog changes from day to day and is dependent such variables like weather conditions, seasons,industry, and traffic volumes. That being said, I don't think that I've seen anyplace that compares to the level of smog in LA outside of NYC.

Amen!

I just spent a hellish week in LA and will never complain about Atlanta sprawl and traffic again!

Archived