Atlanta Skyline pics

waltand07

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SouthwestATL, that is a great picture with Upper Midtown in the foreground. Close to Upper Midtown you can see Lindbergh Center, then Buckhead and off in the distance there is Perimeter Center. That is such a great shot and so very crisp.

true the picture is very well defined, it shows how buckhead is like a whole different city. It is starting to become more dense, the way downtown atl should have started off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, loads of LA dissing! My two cents, I like LA.

Nice Atlanta skyline pics. I've rarely, if ever, seen any good street level shots of Atlanta though. I wonder how nice all these highrises are when walking through on foot. They look great from a distance for sure.

Part of the reason LA is not considered the capital of sprawl is because even with it sprawling over an enormous area, it still maintains a mind-boggling population density of over 7,000 people per sq. mile. Atlanta's is a shade over 1,000 as defined by the 20-county CMSA (but it's growing).

• 3 weeks later...
Riverside-San Bernardino, CA (greater LA)

Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point, NC

Raleigh-Durham, NC

Atlanta, GA

Greenville-Spartanburg, SC

West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Delray Beach, FL

Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk-Danbury, CT (greater NYC)

Knoxville, TN

Oxnard-Ventura, CA (greater LA)

Fort Worth-Arlington, TX

I attempted to take some while on our way back from TG holiday this past Sunday night, but it was like trying to steer a bumper car blindfolded via a remote control. The traffic was nuts, people there drive as fast as I do. :thumbsup: ATL's skyline seems larger each time I see it, soon it will be as long as Chicago's [from certain angles], just a little more infill is necessary.

I attempted to take some while on our way back from TG holiday this past Sunday night, but it was like trying to steer a bumper car blindfolded via a remote control. The traffic was nuts, people there drive as fast as I do. :thumbsup: ATL's skyline seems larger each time I see it, soon it will be as long as Chicago's [from certain angles], just a little more infill is necessary.

^ I was using my phone since I, um, smashed my digital camera a coupla months ago, but nothing worth transferring, tweaking and posting, yours are pretty good for car shots. Came into ATL via I-20, then got onto 85N heading to NC, as we were heading out of ALT (east side), the traffic began backing up, and was backed up all the way into Greenville - I REALLY felt sorry for those people. If I ever have reason to move to the area, I am buying a condo Downtown, f*&k the metro area, not doing it, I drive too much as it is already.

Sorry for the rant...

Archived