Pics of the Fayetteville Arts Festival

Mith242

I was out taking pics of the Fayetteville Arts Festival and thought I'd post some of my pics. There will be more events later today Sunday and then next weekend as well. Not sure what all I'll have a chance to go out and see but if I take more pics I'll try to post a few here.

img4264ssxg8.jpg

Quite a few of these pics are more around the Farmers Market area. Although there's arts and crafts stuff out there as well.

img4165sssc9.jpg

img4231ssgd2.jpg

img4234sssv2.jpg

img4235ssfw0.jpg

img4167ssbj9.jpg

More pics to come shortly.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow there's quite a bit of people there.

Great pics Mith!! I wish I would have been able to see that, it certainly looks cool.

Well the Farmers Market will be over by the time you get down here but I think some of the Arts Festival will be going on. That is if you left early and took a look around before the game. I've got more pics coming up...

Gosh that's beautiful.

How long has that been there?

I think it's been there a couple of years. They've had a lot of problems with the pool leaking. So a lot of times they have it drained. The poo, was there before the Kaminsky sculpture was pout there. Maybe I should have mentioned that it says the word 'peace' in a lot of different languages. I can't recall how many languages are on there. The two closeups are from seperate smaller works he has on display for the Festival.

Here's some inside shots from the Town Center. I didn't take too many pics of people's artwork. They don't tend to like that much. Then the two other pics are of the Palillos Spanish Dance Troupe. It focuses Adalucian ballet, flamenco and folk dance.

img4177ssre0.jpg

img4210ssiy4.jpg

img4212sswg3.jpg

Okay time for my last group of pics that I have for now. Hopefully I'll have more later this weekend and next weekend. Anyway here's some pics of the Desert Fire Dance Troupe. They specialize in Middle Eastern dance. I didn't know it but apparently they're local. I was surprised, they played Middle eastern music and such and everyone was getting into it. Nice to see that there wasn't some big phobia because it focused on the Middle East.

img4180ssky9.jpg

img4192ssob9.jpg

img4193ssee0.jpg

img4195ssjo9.jpg

img4200ssbm1.jpg

img4202ssuy3.jpg

Here's some more pics. This is from the Mill District. Yesterday they had Bamboopalooza down there. (Just when you thought all the 'palooza' names were over with) U of A Math Professor Chaim Goodman got volunteers yesterday to build and put this up.

img4356ssxs5.jpg

img4358ssmt0.jpg

img4360ssyz7.jpg

img4365ssfe6.jpg

Matt made some comments about the Peace Fountain so I thought I'd go back and show off a little more info about it. I also need to make a correction, it says more than just 'peace' but may peace prevail on earth' in 100 languages. By the way for those of you interested I saved some of the nicer fountain pics to be posted in the Pic of the Day topic throughout the week. The last pic is one of Kaminsky's works for the festival. This is called Solemn Mountain Version 1. The others I posted yesterday are from Solemn Mountain Version 2. He has three other sculptures in other areas that I haven't checked out yet for the arts festival.

img4312sspf7.jpg

img4322sshp0.jpg

img4329sspb1.jpg

img4332sszv4.jpg

img4309ssie7.jpg

That's pretty neat that it has well over 100 languages written on it.

Yeah now I just wish the city would actually permanently put up some more sculptures. Granted I admit they could end up sticking up stuff I wasn't too crazy about. But I still think it would be nice to have some more art around the city.

Archived