Would You Vote For A Woman President?

Panamaniac

Who's saying that she'd be an extension of the Bush Administration? Not to say that it couldn't happen. But it isn't likely that she would do exactly how Bush is doing. Condi is a very intelligent person, she's amazing. Of course I'm bias since we're both from Alabama, but still. I think that her coming from a extremely diverse, and culturally conflicting town, back when she was a child, gives her more of a sense of closeness to the people. I don't think you can do better than someone who has succeeded out of something like the aftermath of the Civil Rights Movement in Birmingham.

I don't know about an extension of the Bush Admin, but she's a neocon through and through. I'd vote for her if it was her vs. Hillary, but that says more for my dislike of the Clinton administration than my love for this one. If this is our choice in 2008, then we're screwed again.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who's saying that she'd [Condi Rice] be an extension of the Bush Administration?...
I am! She's Bush's "Yes" person and official rubber stamp. She offers no counter argument to Bush, and is the opposite of the former S.O.S. Colin Powell, who did. That's why Colin quit; he had a mind of is own and didn't see eye-to-eye with Bush on everything as Condi does...

I've often wondered if Condi is merely towing the party line, and is being a team player......

When she hooked up with the Bushies, she was a little known Cold Warrior who happened to be an expert at something that was over and done with. Why Bush brought her aboard, when the USSR was clearly in the dustbin of history, remains a mystery to me.

Maybe she's there so he won't appear to be a total bigot. She seems to intelligent to be a true Bushie.

Neither Condi nor Hillary would ever win. They are both far too unattractive to win enough votes. That's just the way it is. Put a semi-attractive, smart, educated, commanding woman up for the Presidency and I'd certainly have no problem voting for her, without reservation.

No janet reno for president? :lol:

I've often wondered if Condi is merely towing the party line, and is being a team player......

When she hooked up with the Bushies, she was a little known Cold Warrior who happened to be an expert at something that was over and done with. Why Bush brought her aboard, when the USSR was clearly in the dustbin of history, remains a mystery to me.

Maybe she's there so he won't appear to be a total bigot. She seems to intelligent to be a true Bushie.

I think she sorta jumped on the bandwagon. I don't think she's a true "Bushie". She's very intelligent. While I don't support all of Bush's choices, I still support him, mainly just cause he's our president. He could do much much better, but, times also decide how good a president can do.

I think she sorta jumped on the bandwagon. I don't think she's a true "Bushie". She's very intelligent. While I don't support all of Bush's choices, I still support him, mainly just cause he's our president. He could do much much better, but, times also decide how good a president can do.

Wait a minute, don't just support someone because he's the President. he lies too. He's human too. He may have his own interests in mind instead of actually serving the people. The man is not a god and I think most Americans raise the presidency to the level of a diety at times, as if there can never be any wrongs made by this person, that you can trust all they say. No way! A politician these days is not a positive title. Believe me, they could care less about you, unless you have money, have money to give them, or can make them money, while you stay poor and down. They're supposed to work for us and I am sure if the forefathers were here today, they'd be very disgusted with the country and attitudes today. This country was born out of defiance of many issues and never settling for the hand dealt you, and now we just accept anything that comes along and support it just because. That is so anti-American.

Wait a minute, don't just support someone because he's the President. he lies too. He's human too. He may have his own interests in mind instead of actually serving the people. The man is not a god and I think most Americans raise the presidency to the level of a diety at times, as if there can never be any wrongs made by this person, that you can trust all they say. No way! A politician these days is not a positive title. Believe me, they could care less about you, unless you have money, have money to give them, or can make them money, while you stay poor and down. They're supposed to work for us and I am sure if the forefathers were here today, they'd be very disgusted with the country and attitudes today. This country was born out of defiance of many issues and never settling for the hand dealt you, and now we just accept anything that comes along and support it just because. That is so anti-American.

Umm, ok, I wasn't aware that I gave him any of those values. I'm sorry, but I was brought up to respect a person, doesn't matter who they are, but you respect them. People deserve support too, if we didn't support him, what do you think would happen to the country? Probably some kind of overthrow that would put the country into insanity. I never said I supported all of his choices or anything of that sort. I never said he was working just for the people. Or he helped you if you didn't have money or were rich. Most of all, I never called him a god. I didn't say that I just accept everything.

If I said any of those things, someone, please tell me. Cause I certainly don't recall it. What's Anti-American is you trying to impose your beliefs on me. Or you trying to tell me that I'm comparing him to a god, or that he is helping every single person on this earth. I'd really appreciate it if you'd read through someone's post next time and understand what they're saying before you put words in their mouths.

Ironic statement.....

Anyways, people really need to stop thinking these people are stupid. They're not in any way. Bush has said that he likes being "misunderestimated". If Bush & co. were so stupid, there's no way they would've gotten as far as they have with such success....

If Oprah ran, she would win.

agreed, unfortunately.

Umm, ok, I wasn't aware that I gave him any of those values. I'm sorry, but I was brought up to respect a person, doesn't matter who they are, but you respect them. People deserve support too, if we didn't support him, what do you think would happen to the country? Probably some kind of overthrow that would put the country into insanity. I never said I supported all of his choices or anything of that sort. I never said he was working just for the people. Or he helped you if you didn't have money or were rich. Most of all, I never called him a god. I didn't say that I just accept everything.

If I said any of those things, someone, please tell me. Cause I certainly don't recall it. What's Anti-American is you trying to impose your beliefs on me. Or you trying to tell me that I'm comparing him to a god, or that he is helping every single person on this earth. I'd really appreciate it if you'd read through someone's post next time and understand what they're saying before you put words in their mouths.

I'm sorry, but I disagree completely. I have no respect for someone that has such disrespect for our consitution and those in our country that are struggling. I don't care who you are... you won't simply get my respect for being you. It just irks me that people support the president because he's president. I know this is over-used.. but that'd be like saying "I support the F

I'm sorry, but I disagree completely. I have no respect for someone that has such disrespect for our consitution and those in our country that are struggling. I don't care who you are... you won't simply get my respect for being you. It just irks me that people support the president because he's president. I know this is over-used.. but that'd be like saying "I support the F

Yea, also, something about her being the first female, black, and Alabama native president seems awesome.

One thing that makes her a little bit less awesome is the fact that she's got some ties to the oil business too (Chevron director from '91 to '01). I think this country could benefit from a president who without those kinds of connections. Might help us avoid waging wars for control over oil reserves.

Just sayin'.

"You know, I like Hilary Clinton, I don't care what anyone says." - Brian Griffin

Although, you know, I do think Condi would be a more unifying figure than Hilary (who is perhaps one of the most polarizing political figures). If only Condi weren't part of the Bush administration I might actually vote for her (if she were to run).

As far as Bush's success goes...I don't know if I haven't been paying attention, but aren't things sort of at an all-time low? Not to be a pessimist or anything but, come on. Bush and success don't belong in the same sentence.

Condi earned a few points in my book when she apparently confronted Bush on his blind support of Israel in the conflict with Lebanon. However, having lost all respect for her when she spouted tired, already-disproven lies in her Senate testimony on 9/11 and Iraq, I have a long way to go before I see her as anything more than a neocon fascist puppet.

The woman has an oil tanker named after her. What does that tell you about her connections to Bush & Co?

Is your name "Most Americans"? Because if it is, I certainly didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Otherwise, I didn't put words in your mouth and I was not on a brainwashing mission. But don't respect a person just because he holds an office. Respect a person for being a person unless given a reason not to. In particular, our current President has done more than enough to erode respect. Heck, think I respect George Allen because he's my Senator after his Macaca? Not like I respected his position before or lauded him as governor. But face to face, I would respect their position, but not them. And I guess that's what you mean.

Man if I could become President, I could beat my wife, kill kittens, and be the biggest bigot publicly, but as long as I hold the office, everyone would love me!

Is your name "Most Americans"? Because if it is, I certainly didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Otherwise, I didn't put words in your mouth and I was not on a brainwashing mission. But don't respect a person just because he holds an office. Respect a person for being a person unless given a reason not to. In particular, our current President has done more than enough to erode respect. Heck, think I respect George Allen because he's my Senator after his Macaca? Not like I respected his position before or lauded him as governor. But face to face, I would respect their position, but not them. And I guess that's what you mean.

Man if I could become President, I could beat my wife, kill kittens, and be the biggest bigot publicly, but as long as I hold the office, everyone would love me!

Ok, that's closer to what I meant. No, offense, but, the post you made after mine that time, it just sounded alot like you thought I meant I was putting him up there with God, and saying he was the most awesome person on the planet. I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way, but, that's just the way it sounded.

No no, I'm sorry if it came off that way. But no, it wasn't about you, but what it seems to be the current case around the country. Some people may not notice, but it's typically not good to blindly follow and that's what a lot of people are doing. What I meant about being anti-American is how a lot of people now accept how the government treats them and accept the way things are run. They don't have the spirit that founded this country, and to me that would anger the forefathers, along with the disregard for the Constitution, overseas interests, and generally how the country is run now. We'll complain, but not vote or demand better. That was all.

No no, I'm sorry if it came off that way. But no, it wasn't about you, but what it seems to be the current case around the country. Some people may not notice, but it's typically not good to blindly follow and that's what a lot of people are doing. What I meant about being anti-American is how a lot of people now accept how the government treats them and accept the way things are run. They don't have the spirit that founded this country, and to me that would anger the forefathers, along with the disregard for the Constitution, overseas interests, and generally how the country is run now. We'll complain, but not vote or demand better. That was all.

See, I'm one of the lucky ones. My senators and representatives are pretty good. Bud Cramer has done some awesome things for North Alabama, with out him, Huntsville wouldn't be at all what it is today, he's gotten an enormous amount of funding and jobs at Marshall Space Flight Center, and Redstone. Also, Cummings Research Park might not be the second largest research park in the US. So, it's easier for us to say that we support a politician. But, I'm not blind. I don't think at all that Bush is doing as good as he could. It's hard to explain, let's just stop arguing, lol.

I guess you have to respect the people who could make you disappear without a trace and erase your existence from public records and all...

On topic: Oprah wouldn't even need a platform... she's a billionaire and has the power to gather enough support to start a revolution...

I guess I might be in a minority, but I think men are generally more emotional than women. Not usually an in your face emotionalism, but a pronounced emotional way of looking at the world. A lot of women don't understand that.

I agree with earlier posts--did Margaret Thatcher seem like a weeping wimp? Or Aquino in the Phillipines? Or going back in history, did Elizabeth I look like a push over??? I think not! lol

One would hope in this day and age gender wouldn't mean anything in the political realm.

A prior post said it well: let the best man win! or woman!

Well, I read an article in Time magazine in my Current World Affairs class about how males were more romantic and emotionally minded than females. Haha

re: male emotions. I hadn't heard of that Time article, this is just my observation:)

I think we all agree that the Presidency of the United States is a position that deserves respect. As another post mentioned earlier, I too would be most gracious to Bushie if I ever met him. I would shake his hand, be very polite and courteous to him.

BUT, also agreeing with an earlier post, I have no respect at all for the man. I certainly wouldn't go out to dinner with him~~

Do you guys really think Oprah could win? I can't stand her self righteous TV show, let alone the thought of having her as leader of the free world-lol

Ellen DeGenerous should be the first female pres!

re: male emotions. I hadn't heard of that Time article, this is just my observation:)

I think we all agree that the Presidency of the United States is a position that deserves respect. As another post mentioned earlier, I too would be most gracious to Bushie if I ever met him. I would shake his hand, be very polite and courteous to him.

BUT, also agreeing with an earlier post, I have no respect at all for the man. I certainly wouldn't go out to dinner with him~~

Do you guys really think Oprah could win? I can't stand her self righteous TV show, let alone the thought of having her as leader of the free world-lol

Ellen DeGenerous should be the first female pres!

It was in the September 4th edition so you probably haven't read it yet. I don't think Ellen DeGenerous would work out. Haha, Republicans would NEVER go for it.

Archived