Would You Vote For A Woman President?

Panamaniac

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys really think Oprah could win? I can't stand her self righteous TV show, let alone the thought of having her as leader of the free world-lol

Ellen DeGenerous should be the first female pres!

Yes, she would win. Neither Oprah or Ellen are politicians in the offcial sense of the word, but I'd vote for Oprah over Ellen if I absolutely had to.

Just wonderfull. I'm sure that the Roaming Gnome would make an awesome president. He'd be great with crowds. He'd give a new meaning to the word figurehead.

I'd vote for the Roaming Gnome! I actually met him at Pride in L.A., and we had quite a conversation. And he was nice enough to let me have my picture taken with him, I'll have to scan and post it!

:P

I think Jesus would be a good president. He'd be a lot more liberal than most Republicans and would fight for social justice.

He'd fight for the little guy and stand up for what was right, not what would get the most votes...

But I would guess that if Jesus came back, most Fundie Christians wouldn't vote for him. He'd be just another one of the evil liberals that is running this country into the ground.

I think Jesus would be a good president. He'd be a lot more liberal than most Republicans and would fight for social justice.

He'd fight for the little guy and stand up for what was right, not what would get the most votes...

But I would guess that if Jesus came back, most Fundie Christians wouldn't vote for him. He'd be just another one of the evil liberals that is running this country into the ground.

He wouldn't just be a liberal, to the Republicans, he'd be the Anti-Christ!

If the Dems manage to take back both houses this fall, we might see some real action on the impreachment front. (keep our fingers crossed)

If Bush and Cheney were both impeached and removed from office, we would then have our first woman president--Nancy Pelosi. As Speaker of the House she would be next in line after Cheney.

If the Dems manage to take back both houses this fall, we might see some real action on the impreachment front. (keep our fingers crossed)

If Bush and Cheney were both impeached and removed from office, we would then have our first woman president--Nancy Pelosi. As Speaker of the House she would be next in line after Cheney.

if there ever is an impeachement don't impeach Cheney, you'd be better off keeping him, and getting the public so upset with the GOP you keep them out of power for a decade or two.

Should you deem her the better candidate, would you - without reservations - vote for a female as President of the United States? Would she be less qualified than her male counterpart solely on the basis of gender? Does the idea of a woman as "Leader of the Free World" give you pause?

My answers are: Yes, no and no, respectively. What's yours?

In 2006 we are discussing gender as a possible negative? Wow we've got a ways to go. Of course I would vote for a female just as I would vote for a male. Why would it even matter?

^^^poonther I think you just beautifully summed up this discussion.

What should it matter if a candidate is a man or woman, or transsexual, black, white, red, green or purple, 35 years old or 85 years old, from Timbuktu or from London, hetero, homo, or bi, a muslim or a christian or a hindu, rich or poor??

The best PERSON for the job show be apparent. Regardless of these other personal attributes. In the first place what makes a man more suitable for the Presidency than a woman? Answer: absolutely nothing.

if there ever is an impeachement don't impeach Cheney, you'd be better off keeping him, and getting the public so upset with the GOP you keep them out of power for a decade or two.

Impeachment or no, the Republicans will be out of power for at least a generation when the whole truth of what this administration has done gets out.

Archived