Opinions about Alabama and Birmingham

Opinions of Alabama  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion about the state?

• A good one
    • An OK one
    • A bad one
    • No opinion
  2. 2. What do you think about Birmingham?

• Definitely re-invented itself from its past.
    • Has done better than they did in the past, but still has a long way to go.
    • City has gotten better, but definitely needs to improve more than it has, has a really really long way to go
    • Hasn't done much to improve itself from its past, but it's better than it was, but just the slightest bit.
    • Hasn't done anything worth noting to improve it self.
    • Not a very nice town IMO.
    • No opinion
  3. 3. How do you view Alabama as a whole?

• Mainly agricultural, not much, if any, urban areas
    • A good balance between urban and agricultural
    • OK economy, but still mostly agricultural
    • Mostly mechanical, but still a lot of agricultural, a little urban
    • A lot of urban areas, also a lot of agriculture, some mechanical
    • A large mix of urban, agriculture, mechanical, and aerospace
    • Some big medical things (but not many), a lot of agriculture, some urban, and a lot of mechanical
    • Major medical happenings, big economy, mechanical jobs, agriculture, and aerospace
    • Pretty good economy, good medical research, nice growth, still a lot of agriculture, big in aerospace, and scientific research
    • A leader in scientific research, one of the leaders in medical fields, one of the leaders in aerospace, and a lot of agriculture and mechanical industry
    • No opinion

I've actually met two guys from Alabama though, and they were totally normal dudes. They were students at Montevalo, not much different from guys I might have met anywhere else, except of course they had ridiculous southern accents.

Haha, everyone South of Decatur/Morgan County has a really deep accent. North Alabamians are a big mix of people with and without accents. Everyone not in North Ala. probably has a really deep one.

Yea, most everyone here is normal. Culture's different, but we don't have red necks and we don't carry our boomstick around with us, shooting everything that moves.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually met two guys from Alabama though, and they were totally normal dudes. They were students at Montevalo, not much different from guys I might have met anywhere else, except of course they had ridiculous southern accents.

Yeah b/c dropping your R's from most words isn't ridiculous. :)

P.S. AlabamaGuy from my experience of visiting the Huntsville/Tenn Valley area through most of my life, it too has its fair share of rednecks and thick accents, don't kid yourself.

Yeah b/c dropping your R's from most words isn't ridiculous. :)

P.S. AlabamaGuy from my experience of visiting the Huntsville/Tenn Valley area through most of my life, it too has its fair share of rednecks and thick accents, don't kid yourself.

I don't recall saying that we didn't have any, but ok. I'm sure that your area also has its fair share.

I don't recall saying that we didn't have any, but ok. I'm sure that your area also has its fair share.

"but we don't have red necks"

To me that statement made by you implies you don't have any.

N. FL having rednecks......of course we do. I'll not deny that at all. :)

This thread is slowly starting to appear like a "boosterism" thread, and a State vs. State thread, all at the same time. It's lifespan is slowly dwindling.

I completely agree so I am closing it considering the current level of discussion as it has become worthless. I really wish there was a way to keep the juveniles off this site.

Archived