Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wscruiser

Harry Anderson of "Night Court" fame moving to Asheville

6 posts in this topic

I was watching Bill Maher do an interview last night with actor/comedian/magician Harry Anderson on HBO. Harry was sitting in his home located in the French Quarter of New Orleans surrounded by a mountain of moving boxes. Bill jokingly asked Harry if he was going somewhere, Harry's reply was "Yes, we are moving to Asheville, NC. It is a beautiful town located in the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina." He told Bill how fed up he and has family have become with the polticial BS that has taken place in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrnia. He vowed he would never leave his home in New Orleans, but he has had enough.

He also said he had yet to find the heterosexual community in Asheville. He mentioned to Bill that he had heard the three straight men living in AVL met in a bowling alley on the outskirts of town.

Lol... what I wouldn't give to have heard that entire interview.

Well thanks to the magic of Youtube, you can watch the interview by clicking here.

Thanks, jr7777. I remember watching him on that show that was based on Dave Barry's humor columns.

I bristle a little at the comparison to a Barnes and Noble, but I do realize the French Quarter is like no other place in America -- plus I take comfort that he likely would have made the same comparison of Savannah or Charleston or most anywhere else. I just hope he won't end up like so many other transplants who seem to move here for no other reason than to beotch about how much better things were back wherever they came from. Those are the newcomers who make you rethink your willingness to welcome people with open arms.