Alabama Subforums

AlabamaGuy2007

Which of these following subforums would you most support most if created?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Mobile Bay
    • Huntsville-Decatur
    • Tennessee Valley
    • West Alabama
    • East Alabama
    • Lower Alabama
    • Wiregrass
    • Black Belt
    • A Birmingham Coffeeshop Subforum
    • The Shoals

Ok, so, I've noticed that other states in the USA South Forum have a lot of subforums. (I do understand that those state forums receive more traffic than Alabama). Alabama has a solitary ONE. So, I'm wondering, who thinks there should be more? Would you support one for each of the largest regions? Or metro areas? Give opinions on what areas of Alabama deserve a subforum, and why.

Here are mine:

(including Birmingham)

* Birmingham

* Lower Alabama

Description: (Mobile Bay and the Gulf Coast to The Wiregrass)

* Tennessee Valley

Description: (Mountain Peaks and Rockets to the Rivers, Lakes, and Valleys)

IMO The Tennessee Valley would be supportted the most. I don't know about the Lower Alabama. It would be supportted, but mainly by the people that live in the Mobile Bay area, and the Guld Coast area. The Wiregrass, IMO, isn't widely represented in the Alabama Forum.

But if we supportted a more metro area based Subforum list here're my choices.

* Greater Birmingham

* Huntsville-Decatur

Description: (The Rocket City and The River City)

* Mobile Bay

Description: (From the Delta to Dauphin)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, like I said, I know that those states get more traffic than this forum does, but, I'm just sayin all this for future thought.

It's doubtful that there is a current need for one for Mobile. Huntsville-Decatur would be pushing it. I would support it sure, but I don't know how many people represent that area on UP.

I think there's enough Huntsville forumers here to warrant a Huntsville/North Alabama subforum. There's at least 5 of us. All the Huntsville stuff is posted in the development news thread, so all of the development that has been going on here has been consolidated into one thread. It just happened that way. But there are many projects that could be separate threads, like Bridge Street and Marketsquare (after its announced) Hey, if Macon and Columbus can support a subforum, I think we could too.

How about this for a title:

Huntsville/North Alabama

Huntsville, Decatur, Florence

There are only a couple of Mobile forumers on here, but we should consider a forum for them in the near future.

There's no one here from Montgomery, so I don't see a new subforum for that city anytime soon.

I think there's enough Huntsville forumers here to warrant a Huntsville/North Alabama subforum. There's at least 5 of us. All the Huntsville stuff is posted in the development news thread, so all of the development that has been going on here has been consolidated into one thread. It just happened that way. But there are many projects that could be separate threads, like Bridge Street and Marketsquare (after its announced) Hey, if Macon and Columbus can support a subforum, I think we could too.

How about this for a title:

Huntsville/North Alabama

Huntsville, Decatur, Florence

There are only a couple of Mobile forumers on here, but we should consider a forum for them in the near future.

There's no one here from Montgomery, so I don't see a new subforum for that city anytime soon.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure about calling it Huntsville/North Alabama. I don't think I've seen anyone on here from Florence. I'm still partial towards keeping it metro.

Huntsville-Decatur

Would be a better choice I think. I think that's the second most represented area in the Alabama UP forum.

I think there's enough Huntsville forumers here to warrant a Huntsville/North Alabama subforum. There's at least 5 of us. All the Huntsville stuff is posted in the development news thread, so all of the development that has been going on here has been consolidated into one thread.

I would be willing to give Huntsville a try if you guys would support it.

Well, does everyone believe that a consenss (sp?) has been met? I know I'd support the Huntsville-Decatur Forum. But before we let he Admin make the final decision, do we think we have enough people to support the Huntsville-Decatur subforum if a approved? From the poll, I'd say we do, but, I'm not the only person on this forum.

I was looking at some cities' subforums around UP, and only 2 or 3 forumers actually post in them. So I think seven people (according to the poll) is a good start.

This is why we are very hesitant to create new forums. There is a bit of overhead to maintain them, and without a moderator over a specific area, the job falls to me to make sure everything is ok. With that said, we are very happy to create a subforum if there is interest.

I think there is enough support for one. There were roughly 267 post related to Huntsville-Decatur in the Alabama forum. That's not counting the ones that were relate less directly to the area. So, in reality there are about 100-200 more. But, the final decision fall in your hands Metro. We shall be please with whatever you give us. :D

Sorry, I don't check in on the forum as much on the weekends. I will create the subforum. I need to know what you guys want to call it, and a very short description. Thanks!

I think the main name should be Huntsville-Decatur

For the description:

The Rocket City and The River City

The South's Aerospace Capital (though it's highly disputable)

From Sand Mountain to the Shoals (covers a more broad area)

The I-565 Corridor

The Central Tennessee Valley

The Heart of the Valley

Umm, what's the verdict Alabama forum posters??!! metro has said he'll supply us with a Huntsville-Decatur forum, I think that the least we can do is supply him with what we want it to be called. My final answer is, "The Rocket City and The River City", yes or no. Or do you guys have any other ideas.

Uhhh, YES? NO? Maybe so?

Ok, so, I think we've pretty much decided to call it Huntsville-Decatur.

So, here's all of the descriptions I've found for it on this thread:

"From rockets to rivers"

"From the Saturn V to the Tennessee"

"The Rocket City and The River City"

"The South's Aerospace Capital" (though it's highly disputable)

"From Sand Mountain to the Shoals" (covers a more broad area)

"The I-565 Corridor"

"The Central Tennessee Valley"

"The Heart of the Valley"

"Huntsville, Decatur, Florence"

I wouldn't mind any of those in the least.

Archived