Alabama Subforums

AlabamaGuy2007

Which of these following subforums would you most support most if created?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Mobile Bay
    • Huntsville-Decatur
    • Tennessee Valley
    • West Alabama
    • East Alabama
    • Lower Alabama
    • Wiregrass
    • Black Belt
    • A Birmingham Coffeeshop Subforum
    • The Shoals

Eventually, I think we should work toward having a subforum for each of our four major metros. Birmingham and Huntsville are already established, so that leaves Mobile and Montgomery. Both Mobile and Montgomery have active groups over at SSP, so it won't be impossible to build groups here. It would be difficult to build interest in metros smaller than these big four though, IMHO.

I voted for Mobile in the poll, but I would gladly participate in all of them. Our capital city is badly in need of some love here.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are now 30 Montgomery-related threads and almost as many replies as there were when the Huntsville and Mobile sub-forums were created. I'd like to see a Montgomery sub-forum set up to hold all those threads and get them out of the general Alabama forum.

Who else would support a Montgomery sub-forum?

There are now 30 Montgomery-related threads and almost as many replies as there were when the Huntsville and Mobile sub-forums were created. I'd like to see a Montgomery sub-forum set up to hold all those threads and get them out of the general Alabama forum.

Who else would support a Montgomery sub-forum?

I would support it, but how many posters are from the area. I know you that are, Expat and Exbubba are frequent posters, but who else? I mean I don't want the subforum to just be created and then it goes dead if there is only 2 regular posters.

Also, it would be probably best that you have the editor duties for it since you are more familiar with the area. I do frequent Montgomery a lot, but I don't stay on top of the stuff like I do here in North and Central Alabama.

I would support it, but how many posters are from the area. I know you that are, Expat and Exbubba are frequent posters, but who else? I mean I don't want the subforum to just be created and then it goes dead if there is only 2 regular posters.

Also, it would be probably best that you have the editor duties for it since you are more familiar with the area. I do frequent Montgomery a lot, but I don't stay on top of the stuff like I do here in North and Central Alabama.

I understand reservations based on the number of residents currently posting, and I think a Montgomery sub-forum would be our smallest. However, in just a few weeks there are already over half as many posts as there are in the Macon and Savannah sub-forums, which have been there for a pretty good while. After a comparable period, a Montgomery forum would be larger than those two IMHO.

The Montgomery threads spill over into a second page now, and there are more on the way. Some worthy statewide threads are getting buried by these Montgomery/River Region threads.

Archived