Another President From Arkansas?

arkansas_buff

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL yes, just like as in Gandalf Stormcrow! I like the name Mithrandir better but figured that's too arcane sounding :P No I had not heard anything about The Hobbit! Seems like it's a bit short to be a feature length film but considered what he did with LOTR I'm sure the result will be up to our exacting standards!

Back on topic....

Huck's surging...but now his opponents are trying to tear into him. Seems almost humorous to me that they're having to dig back into the '90's to find anything resembling dirt, at least so far. I'm almost about to jump on the bandwagon. I sure don't agree with him on everything and his evangelical side kinda worries me but it sure would be nice to have another AR pres.

I think Huck's "surge" is about to run out of gas. Sure his are opponents are tearing into him and they have a lot of ammunition. After the Dumond case and his lies about his role, his goofy tax proposals, his total lack of foreign policy experience (what's the NIE), his views on gays and evolution, his misuse of the state's airplane and his statement that God is responsible for his success are exposed he won't have anything left but a smile, a quip and his hundred pound weight loss. Odd that you think it's humorous that his record in the 90's is being examined. How did you feel when Clinton's record in the 70s and 80s was being examined.

• 2 months later...

While I believe Huckabee to be a sincere and honest man, he ran his campaign as if he was running for Senior Pastor and I don't see how he could have expected that to work outside the Bible belt. If he would have ran on real issues that affect the broader public, with his firm opposition to gay marriage being an added bonus, he would have done better. What really blew it for him was when he said he was going to revise the Constitution to "meet God's standards."

I met the man when he was governor. He is an excellent speaker and is very hospitable.

You may have a point here. Huck could have done a better job of articulating issues such as tax reform, health care, education, etc. It seemed he had some interesting ideas that would be worthy of debate (I'm especially interested in the Fair Tax)... they just weren't as widely circulated as his stance on social issues. I don't think we've seen the last of him though. He's only 52 years old. America will have to get to know him outside of the "ex-pastor" lenses he's currently viewed through. Maybe a cabinet position?

Archived