Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCpride

Good Breakfast

15 posts in this topic

I live in West Raleigh and need to find a good place for breakfast on Saturday mornings. The only places I know of are Pam's on Western, IHOP on Hillsborough, Craker Barrel by the airport. Can anybody help me out here? What are your favorite places for breakfast in Raleigh?

"Denny's" is still good on Wake Forest Rd. "Courtney's" in various locations also is another good choice. But "IHOP" by far is still the best. Always so innovative with their different dishes. ;) MMM.. IHOP

The Farmers Market Restaurant @ NC State Farmers Market is the best for southern style but strangely run and served by Eastern Europeans...

I'd say Briggs for that side of town, although Pams is more authentic with their grease...Courtneys on Walnut in Cary is in your 'hood too....if you said Sunday I would have said Humble Pie hands down but oh well.....

I'd say Courtney's is a good one too...I prefer the one on East Six Forks Rd near Wake Forest Rd.

On West Peace Street there's Finch's restaurant. A little rustic, but good breakfast stuff nonetheless.

Big Ed's in City Market is open on Saturday mornings too, I've heard.

Me? I usually sleep in so late on Saturdays that it's almost lunchtime and I usually hit Bruegger's Bagels for a brunch-like item.

Now...Sunday Brunch! Oh boy...Way better options out there! Porter's on Hillsborough Street, Irregardless on West Morgan St, Bogarts on Glenwood South....I could go on. Great Sunday Brunch options in Raleigh.

If you ever happen to wake up in Durham on a Saturday, try Elmo's on 9th St. (also one in Carrboro).

Speaking of Carrboro, Weaver Street Market has a decent breakfast buffet, though the selection isn't exactly mind boggling.

Speaking of Carrboro, Weaver Street Market has a decent breakfast buffet, though the selection isn't exactly mind boggling.

Best whole grain pancakes I've ever tried. :thumbsup:

If you ever happen to wake up in Durham on a Saturday, try Elmo's on 9th St. (also one in Carrboro).

I second this.

Elmo's would make money hand over fist in Raleigh. Neat place.

I've said this many times. :D

Rumour has it that "Raisin' Ale" may not be opening in the former Darryl's on Hillsborough Street, afterall. This would be a perfect spot for Elmos. Lots of college business potential, just like their Ninth Street location. :thumbsup:

I've said this many times. :D

Rumour has it that "Raisin' Ale" may not be opening in the former Darryl's on Hillsborough Street, afterall. This would be a perfect spot for Elmos. Lots of college business potential, just like their Ninth Street location. :thumbsup:

Gosh, you're right!

Since it seems that we are going farther afield from West Raleigh, I feel comfortable suggesting Big Ed's at City Market. Their special with eggs, grits and redeye gravy, bacon and biscuits with molasses is essential Southern eating. Their fried bologna is also great, but I have not had the courage to try the brains and eggs.