Vermont town going nudist!

Charlotteman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nudism and sexuality are completely separate things for those who have a pretty level head on their shoulders. for others, nudity=sex with no questions about it. for those people, you can't separate nudity from sex.

i'm not opposed to nudity or people walking around naked or partially naked. if you're comfortable with it, go for it (the reason many of us aren't comfortable with it is because clothing is engrained in our brains from the day we can first really comprehend what we see. nudity is abnormal to our brains.

i doubt nudity is allowed in restaurants or stores (in fact, i'm certain most owners would ban nudity).

personally, i don't mind seeing people, any people, in the nude. some i'm attracted to, others i'm not. but we're all human and we all have our faults, whether it be looks or something else. the only thing i don't know about with that VT law is how it applies to children. can they walk around nude? if they do, can their parents get in trouble? with all the anti-pedophile laws, this is something that would need to be considered.

and most nudist camps (i've looked into at least one in RI) don't allow public arrousal and certainly don't allow public sex. the one in RI also has a general 1:1 male:female ratio. they need a good reason for a single guy or a single woman to rent out a site. and they also have rules that you must be naked at all times outside unless you have a condition that prevents it. and children must be accompanied by an adult and are not allowed to wander around by themselves.

I fail to see the problem with nudity....

I agree. In a somewhat similar situation, I see nudity like smoking as far as social norms go. If you do it, do it in places that won't offend those who do not. If you are offended by the presense of it, avoid places that allow it. I'm sure it's not as big of a deal over in Europe, of course, it can easily be pointed out that America was founded by prudes.

We are rather puritanical on this side of the pond. Europeans are much more liberated about their bodies. I went to several beaches in Italy and Spain that were clothing optional :shades: It was very freeing. I don't see this catching on beyond granola&birkenstock towns like Brattleboro,VT though. The Lake Norman girls that bob around 77 near Charlotte are distracting enough to some people. There would be constant wrecks if it went any farther :lol:

Must fit within these lines for law to apply {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}<--------->{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}

^You're right. Seriously there are some people with no shame and will go around nude weighing 300+ pounds. I remember going to the water park and having a 45 year old woman that weighed at least 250-300 pounds sit down next to me with a bikini on. I just smiled and said hello, but I was thinking " ;) Now you know better than that."

The Lake Norman girls that bob around 77 near Charlotte are distracting enough to some people. There would be constant wrecks if it went any farther :lol:
That's because everyone's trying to recognize which plastic surgeon was used in their 'augmentation'. Doubtful there's a real set anywhere out there. Hence, the American over-sexualization of mammalia.

I say we have a naked UP Meet up? :shok: and then maybe :sick: followed by :alc:

^You're right. Seriously there are some people with no shame and will go around nude weighing 300+ pounds. I remember going to the water park and having a 45 year old woman that weighed at least 250-300 pounds sit down next to me with a bikini on. I just smiled and said hello, but I was thinking " ;) Now you know better than that."

i think the reason that people have "no shame" is because shame was put upon us by humans to begin with. we weren't born clothed... nudity is only natural.

I say we have a naked UP Meet up? and then maybe :sick: followed by :alc:

i think you have that backwards... it'd probably have to be :alc: followed by :sick:

Speaking about shame, our society today is shameless with all the actions people get away with and such, yet nudity is one shame we keep... possibly for the better. But it is natural and I wish we'd stop equating nudity with sex... heck one doesn't even have to be nude to have sex!

Speaking about shame, our society today is shameless with all the actions people get away with and such, yet nudity is one shame we keep... possibly for the better. But it is natural and I wish we'd stop equating nudity with sex... heck one doesn't even have to be nude to have sex!

i agree completely. there's that "kids of today" thread or whatever it is. i read through parts of it and haven't gotten a chance to reply to it. but kids swearing and yelling at their parents and teachers and other authority figures... that's just terrible and most of it can be blamed on the parenting, mainly because the parents don't treat each other or their kids any better... kids behave in a very monkey see, monkey do sort of manner...

but nudity should not be considered shameful, regardless of the body type.

As a retired nurse, I've seen literally thousands of naked bodies. Medical personnel aren't at all shocked by nudity----because they see it so often!

If public nudity were the norm, it would be the same way. Seeing something all the time takes the allure out of it.

I find it interesting that laws against public nudity are referred to as "indecent exposure acts". There is nothing at all indecent about the human body!

Archived