Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Night satellite images of select cities...

12 posts in this topic

I ran across this list of night images taken from satellites of select cities:

http://www.darksky.org/images/sat.html

While a lot of cities are left off of the list, it does give a few including my hometown of Charlotte which was neat to see. Enjoy!

That's actually very cool. While they don't have Shreveport on there, it was shown on one of the larger images. Looking at the 'Earth at Night' image is amazing. You can actually see continental outlines in light!

It's sooo awesome how you can see that string of metro areas stretching from Raleigh to Birmingham. On the Eastern U.S. view.

Richmond gets a shout-out! And boy look how small we are compared to the others!

In the "Eastern US" Atlanta stands out pretty good. Nothing else in the area compares. I'm kind of shocked that Charlotte doesn't stand out more. Nashville and Memphis both appear to stand out more than Charlotte but Charlotte is surrounded by more smaller clusters.

that is cool. although i wish they wouldve shown Detroit instead of Lansing, MI.

that is cool. although i wish they wouldve shown Detroit instead of Lansing, MI.

Yea, I was wondering why they showed cities that were much smaller than other cities. I'd much rather look at a satellite view of New Orleans at night than Lansing. No offense.

Yea, I was wondering why they showed cities that were much smaller than other cities. I'd much rather look at a satellite view of New Orleans at night than Lansing. No offense.

Maybe the guy who runs the site is an MSU grad :lol:

none taken, Lansing is nice, but id rather see NO or Detroit or other large city over Lansing.

It's interesting SanFran should get a shot but not LA or any of the Texas giants.