Site Clearing Begins for Mott Hospital

wolverine

This thread will be dedicated toward the construction of the C.S. Mott Children's & Women's Hospital Replacement Project. The building will be located on a surface lot where Med Ctr Dr. bends. No additional parking wll be added, however the existing parking structure that will connect to this building should sufficiently handle demands. The building is expected to be completed by 2010.

Construction trailers are already set up (one of them is 2 floors! sheesh). The light standards and other fixtures surrounding the parking lot are currently being removed. An address has been released for the building, but I was on the bus and went by it too fast to read it.

Courtesy University of Michigan

view%20from%20sw_sm.jpg

Existing Site:

Surface lot to the left of the parking structures

More Details:

University of Michigan Plant Extension

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread will be dedicated toward the construction of the C.S. Mott Children's & Women's Hospital Replacement Project.

Man..UofM is constantly building. For all the 5 years I was at UofM (undergrad & grad), there was always at least 2-3 big projects going with amny more minor ones all over. There used to be graduate/married couple housing where those parking lots are. I think they were cleared out is the early 1990s.

BTW, when I was at UofM I was one of the student drivers for the bus system. It was a great job.

• 2 months later...

just curious, but who is C.S. Mott anyway? He has a lot of stuff named after him, the Mott Foundation Mott Resivoir, this hospitol, the mott building in Flint, Mott College... Ive always wondered what exactly he did and who he was?

EDIT: Everyone probably thinks im a dumbass now, lol.

• 1 month later...

Well, I take the bus past it every day. You can expect blurry photos, LOL. But really though, I'll try and keep you updated on this. There's a parking structure adjacent to both sides of this site which should be nice for photos. My friend is also an RA at Markley and his window faces the site. But he'll only be there for the semester so you will see at most, excavation.

Well, I take the bus past it every day. You can expect blurry photos, LOL. But really though, I'll try and keep you updated on this. There's a parking structure adjacent to both sides of this site which should be nice for photos. My friend is also an RA at Markley and his window faces the site. But he'll only be there for the semester so you will see at most, excavation.

Archived