Why Are You On Here?

mcheiss

Okay, I saw this idea under the Grand Rapids Coffeehouse, and decided to try it out here.

I want to know, why you post here?

For some it could be the wonderful urban community we have here, or to keep up to date on the community. Great debates could be mentioned as well.

Myself. I am here because I love discussing the positive and negative qualities of my community. I love learning about other communities near mine. As well, the community here is great. I've only had one or two problematic posters in the near year I've been a moderator.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love talking about progress--social, business, economic, political, or otherwise.

I like to take pride in the area I was raised.

I like to read other people's ideas on my home-state.

I like to think about how all this discussion will play into my future career--whatever that is.

I love talking about progress--social, business, economic, political, or otherwise.

I like to take pride in the area I was raised.

I like to read other people's ideas on my home-state.

I like to think about how all this discussion will play into my future career--whatever that is.

The first three are the same as my reasons.

I also have an interest in city government and politics to a degree but I don't think I'm cut out for a politicians. I also like (re)development so much I can see myself doing it as an amateur. I like seeing what other people in other cities are doing and hearing their ideas.

Is this topic intended to be regional in scope?

Whether it is or not, then here's my answer: because I feel at home here. Most people here seem to have the same enthusiasm for their local areas and development as I do. I've been into development and urban growth for as long as I can remember, as well as being a skyscraper fan. :)

I enjoy UP's Arkansas forum as much as I do the rest of UP.

• 4 months later...

Archived