PROPOSED: 160 Jewell Street/Northland YMCA Tower

HartfordTycoon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are going to love this...

I heard from a reliable source at City Hall that the proposal from Northland as it stands today is one 30-40 story tower surrounded by 4 10-15 story midrises. The firehouse will be redeveloped and the rest of the block will be built on - no surface parking! Northland hopes to break ground in 2007.

I heard from a reliable source at City Hall that the proposal from Northland as it stands today is one 30-40 story tower surrounded by 4 10-15 story midrises. The firehouse will be redeveloped and the rest of the block will be built on - no surface parking! Northland hopes to break ground in 2007.

OMG :shok:

Awesome! Northland just keeps surprising us all the time.

If Luca and NLB are correct, this is huge news. Not only because of the height, but the location of the tower.

In this photo you can see the YMCA barely sticking out. Just imagine a 400+ ft tower right there next to Goodwin Sq. and CityPlace!

Hartford.jpg

The Boston Business Journal has this story form last October.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/...17/daily74.html

They have it as an 18-story building.

If Northlands is now considering a larger building, it means demand at H21 is very strong.

Even back then, the proposal included 300 units (I think it was 100 apartments and 200 condos). So it seems Northland may have always been planning ahead for a larger tower. From my understanding, it would be quite difficult to fit 300 units into an 18 story apartment tower unless (a) the tower's footprint was massive, or (b) the units were going to be very small.

It's gonna look like this?

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnypi...rade-Center.htm

• 4 months later...

With the opening of Hartford 21 tomorrow, I figured it would be good to revive this thread for the new tower. All we know so far is that Northand said it would break ground on this after H21 opens, that it would be 18 stories, and that it would open in 2009. I find it odd though that no renderings or news on this building has been released since last year. Anyone heard any rumblings? Perhaps Northland is waiting for tomorrow's grand opening of H21 to give news on this project.

Drove through downtown tonight and the top of H21 was lit up!. Pretty basic white lighting, but still, it looked nice. Maybe they'll experiment with more colors as time goes on.

No way...I can't wait to see it at night. They promised good lighting so I hope they deliver.

• 4 months later...

Archived