11 Acre Dealership to break ground

bigboyz05

News

Orr breaks ground for new Honda, Chevy dealerships

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:20 AM CDT

By AARON BRAND

Texarkana Gazette

The Orr Auto Group broke ground Tuesday on the new 11-acre site for its Honda and Chevrolet dealerships in Texarkana.

Located on St. Michael Drive near the Texarkana Pavilion shopping center and across from Ruby Tuesday, the estimated $11 million to $12 million project is expected to be completed in 10 months.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can answer that. Yes, Texarkana already has Honda and Chevrolet dealers. They're both actually owned by the company who is developing this complex. It would be my guess that the Honda dealership, which is currently located just down and across I-30 from this site, would move to this location. The Chevrolet dealer could go either way, since Orr owns a Chevrolet dealership that's been on State Line forever.

Orr has gotten so huge lately. They used to own nothing in Shreveport-Bossier, but now they literally own at least half the dealerships in the Shreveport Auto Mall. Not to mention they're huge in Texarkana (where they started) and have gotten big in Hot Springs as well. Not to change the subject, but they're also building a BMW dealership a couple miles from the Auto Mall in Shreveport, making me wonder if they'll kepe their existing Auto Mall BMW dealership or put something else in its place.

Orr is about doing it BIG, and that's what they're doing in Texarkana... going big.

I can answer that. Yes, Texarkana already has Honda and Chevrolet dealers. They're both actually owned by the company who is developing this complex. It would be my guess that the Honda dealership, which is currently located just down and across I-30 from this site, would move to this location. The Chevrolet dealer could go either way, since Orr owns a Chevrolet dealership that's been on State Line forever.

Orr has gotten so huge lately. They used to own nothing in Shreveport-Bossier, but now they literally own at least half the dealerships in the Shreveport Auto Mall. Not to mention they're huge in Texarkana (where they started) and have gotten big in Hot Springs as well. Not to change the subject, but they're also building a BMW dealership a couple miles from the Auto Mall in Shreveport, making me wonder if they'll kepe their existing Auto Mall BMW dealership or put something else in its place.

Orr is about doing it BIG, and that's what they're doing in Texarkana... going big.

I had no idea Orr was that big with dealerships in Shreveport and Hot Springs.

Do you guys have Landers over there?

They've made a big presence in NWA the past few years.

They don't in Texarkana - yet.

But Landers bought out Shreveport Dodge a couple years ago and it's now Landers Dodge. That's the only thing they own in the Ark-La-Tex region as far as I know, but they do seem to be expanding more and more outside of Little Rock.

They don't in Texarkana - yet.

But Landers bought out Shreveport Dodge a couple years ago and it's now Landers Dodge. That's the only thing they own in the Ark-La-Tex region as far as I know, but they do seem to be expanding more and more outside of Little Rock.

Hey I heard that Macaroni Grill is supposed to be coming here. I hope it's true.

Hey I heard that Macaroni Grill is supposed to be coming here. I hope it's true.

Since you just got your first-ever Olive Garden, it would definitely be something to see Macaroni Grill sign on this soon. That would say a lot about the market. Not that we'd need Macaroni Grill to prove that. Just drive down I-30 or St. Michael Drive between Texarkana and Nash for proof.

Since you just got your first-ever Olive Garden, it would definitely be something to see Macaroni Grill sign on this soon. That would say a lot about the market. Not that we'd need Macaroni Grill to prove that. Just drive down I-30 or St. Michael Drive between Texarkana and Nash for proof.

Yeah, there's a lot of growth between Nash and Texarkana. There's even more growth on the way with the proposed development that's supposed to go in over by Gander Mountain. Isn't it called Waggoner Creek Crossing or something like that?

Archived