Hartford Hotel Shortage

grock

funny thing about that is marty's been sitting on that piece of property for over 4 years now. when he bought it from the city, a condition of the sale was immediate work and improvements - nothing done to date. he waited until he could cut corners and scale back trumbull on the park to what it is, and never touched that piece of real estate. insted of going with the original plan of condo's, he wants to convert that building into a hotel. don't hold your breath on that one either. If ford and pearl -aka the hilton lot- can remain a parking lot after 20+ years, then this building can remain vacant and dillapidated another 10.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's a statement that many people simply put out there as fact, though I'm still not convinced. Agencies and bueracracies exist for the sole purpose of growing larger and more powerful. Wouldn't it then stand to reason that DOT would push for rail and other type of projects for the sole sake of gaining more control and power? I realize that road construction companies have deep pockets and wield a lot of special intreest power. But do you honestly believe that steel contractors, iron workers, and rail car industries don't have any money to pass around? More than anything...I think neighborhood concerns over trains/plus lawmaker reluctance over spending millions in construction and operating costs on something that is unproven in this market and might be underutilized is more to blame.

The DOT is in bed with the road builders. That's where thery get their power and money.

Shifting money away from the roadbuilders for high speed transit would lessen the dollars they control because transit systems usually have a board that oversees the operation of the system.

Archived