3rd Air Carrier for Fayetteville

flith

Fayetteville's airport may get a 3rd air carrier. Currently the airport is only served by ASA and US Airways with service to Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC respectively. Rumor has it that Allegiant Air may start low fare service to Orlando, FL. Fayetteville shows up on Allegiant Air's website now even though an announcement hasn't been made, it looks like service starts Nov 7.

On a side note Pinehurst/Southern Pines have service to Atlanta, GA again. 1 flight a day 6 days a week.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear but they need to refurbish the terminals. Not sure if they did this already. I am not familiar with the airline is it low cost or what. I hope so because it cost so much more to fly out of there than to drive an hour to RDU for a flight.

Will be interesting to see how these flights will affect the RDU-Orlando traffic. Also interesting that Allegient referred to Fayetteville as the "Tri-State" area....since when was Fayetteville part of a tri state area....and what is the 3rd state?

My guess is that the dummies at Allegient got Fayetteville, NC confused with Fayetteville, Arkansas.

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaNews20060907a.php

Good to hear but they need to refurbish the terminals. Not sure if they did this already. I am not familiar with the airline is it low cost or what. I hope so because it cost so much more to fly out of there than to drive an hour to RDU for a flight.

Yeah, it's low Cost. $49 intro $79 regular fare, one way. When I flew there last in 2003, they were doing a remodel.

Archived