Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

AA Most Pedestrian Dense City in Michigan?

5 posts in this topic

Today as I was riding on my bike around town, I just cannot get over how wonderful it is to see the streets teaming with pedestrians. The 12 foot wide sidewalks were just packed to the max. Bicycles all over the place, crowded street corners. Hundreds of people lined up at one bus stop. It's just a wonder to see this all day, no matter what day in a Michigan City. I could barely even ride my bike down the street because there were so many people crossing. And forget walking my bike on the sidewalks, it was nearly impossible. I guess you don't have to go far to see the kind of activity you'd find on Michigan Ave in Chicago or Times Square in NYC.

You know, I'm at Eastern now, so I could take a bus down there and look for myself, but you just said a 100 people waiting at the bus stop, so I don't think I should, lol.

Do you have any pictures? (common, you know someone would ask :lol: )

You know, I'm at Eastern now, so I could take a bus down there and look for myself, but you just said a 100 people waiting at the bus stop, so I don't think I should, lol.

Do you have any pictures? (common, you know someone would ask :lol: )

I can take pictures the problem is I'm usually up on North Campus now. But since I don't have class on Tuesday and Thursday I can get some pics.

Jason, it's cool you are in the AA-Ypsi area. You REALLY need to come on over and enjoy it here downtown like the rest of the Eastern students.

I agree, it is wonderful to see all the people around. I think I'm in the minority here, but as an Ann Arbor resident I'm actually happy to have the students back. There's a completely different level of energy downtown when the school year begins. I would definitely like to see pictures of crowds to go along with the great architectural photos :) I hope the influx of new condos and lofts will raise the density of non-academic citizenry as well.

As far as the original questions goes, I don't know of any more pedestrian dense city in Michigan. But then again, I've yet to spend any significant time in any other Michigan cities outside of SE Michigan.

Yeah it is great to be back and have everyone here. That is until I am surronded by a huge group of 18 year old girls laughing and yelling in their own secret language. I try and stay away from the areas where the teenagers go. Both seasons though have their benefits it just takes some getting used too.