90,000 cars daily anticipated at New Hope/I-540 this fall

KJW

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly why were going to need I-540 expanded to 8 lanes.

If they're thinking 90,000 cars on a normal day, think about Craft Fair weekends, Razorback Football home games, accidents, etc.

I smell traffic snarls and bottlenecking.

I-540 can handle the traffic a lot better than New Hope can. That intersection's where the traffic will hit moreso than on the interstate itself.

This is exactly why were going to need I-540 expanded to 8 lanes.

If they're thinking 90,000 cars on a normal day, think about Craft Fair weekends, Razorback Football home games, accidents, etc.

I smell traffic snarls and bottlenecking.

Indeed.

And elsewhere, just wait in 3-5 years on the airport Road in Vaughn when the Benton County Fair's in place at the new fairgrounds, a big event is taking place in the arena and we're all trying to get to XNA.

Indeed.

And elsewhere, just wait in 3-5 years on the airport Road in Vaughn when the Benton County Fair's in place at the new fairgrounds, a big event is taking place in the arena and we're all trying to get to XNA.

Southwest Airport Road can handle that traffic, believe me.

New Hope Rd. in Rogers needs to finish the expansion to 5 lanes. I-540 also needs double turn lanes onto the interstate and off, so traffic doesn't back up. Also, the double turn lanes at the intersection of Hospital Blvd need to open, to allow for better traffic flow.

Southwest Airport Road can handle that traffic, believe me.

New Hope Rd. in Rogers needs to finish the expansion to 5 lanes. I-540 also needs double turn lanes onto the interstate and off, so traffic doesn't back up. Also, the double turn lanes at the intersection of Hospital Blvd need to open, to allow for better traffic flow.

Mcheiss, if the "Vaughn bottleneck" (weird one-way stop with a "Yield" sign in favor of the stop sign at the junction of the road going to Centerton) isn't addressed I wonder about that.

Tonight I read the "Celebrate Northwest Arkansas" mag with the four Promenade lifestyle center partners on it...some things I read in the article:

- The reporter talked about how in Tulsa weekends at Woodland Hills and Utica Square shopping malls have been referred to as "Arkansas days" for the Natural State shoppers who visit.

These developers want there to be a turnaround with "Oklahoma days" or "Oklahoma/Arkansas/Missouri days" at the Promenade.

- J.Q. Hammons was profiled as a man who pays close attention to (can't remember the exact phrase) highway systems...paralleling his comments about the possibility of KC-New Orleans-through NWA I-49 earlier in the summer.

- The article made it sound like prior to the William Dillard "You guys aren't thinking BIG enough" meeting that the Promenade was going to be 1/3 the size it's about to become.

I don't know about that.......They are predicting that the traffic count on I-540 is going to go up 34,000 in a couple of months? Seems to be a bit of a reach. I could see a hike of maybe 15,000 more at the most.

It is... he works for developers, they are paid to exagerrate (to put it nicely), among other things. Just hope people keep that in mind whenever you hear or read what a developer says.

I know the traffic study for the Promenade inside and out... I don't recall seeing 90,000.

It'll be bad still, though.

It is... he works for developers, they are paid to exagerrate (to put it nicely), among other things. Just hope people keep that in mind whenever you hear or read what a developer says.

I know the traffic study for the Promenade inside and out... I don't recall seeing 90,000.

It'll be bad still, though.

That's the truth.

The same can be said for the awesome renderings of projects in NWA, and then something totally different get's built.

Compared to anything else in NWA it will be. Pinnacle Hills Promenade is actually going to be bigger and better than Branson's Landing in... well... Branson. The good news it it should lighten up traffic at NWA Mall by 34,000 cars daily. LOL

It'll still be smaller than NWA Mall and Central Mall, though.

No, it will be 980,000 sq. feet, with 900,000 of it dedicated to retail. That article was wrong.

Thanks, Matt...I didn't think it was going to be "Central" or "Northwest" mall sized.

Masons, indeed, I don't think you'll see the Fayetteville mall traffic counts changed much if at all. They actually might increase in the long run.

Thanks, Matt...I didn't think it was going to be "Central" or "Northwest" mall sized.

Masons, indeed, I don't think you'll see the Fayetteville mall traffic counts changed much if at all. They actually might increase in the long run.

Not only will Pinnacle Hills Promenade be the biggest mall in Arkansas, but it will also be the most unique shopping, dining and entertainment experience in Arkansas and the region including Southern Missouri and Eastern Oklahoma. Pinnacle Hills Promenade won't be a mall, it will be a destination.

Does Dillard's own their store in the Promenade? They own both stores at each end of Park Plaza and those numbers don't count in the square footage as they are separately owned even if they are in the same building. That might explain some differences.

I don't know. I think they are leaving out the outparcels, which are part of the mall, just not in the mall itself. They're right behind it.

Archived