90,000 cars daily anticipated at New Hope/I-540 this fall

KJW

^^

Pinnacle Hills Promenade (Rogers, Arkansas) will be 980,000 square foot open-air regional center that includes: a 155,000 square foot Dillard's; a 40,000 square foot 12-screen Malco Theatre; a 99,000 square foot JCPenney; five national sit-down restaurants; a 23,000 square foot book store; 250,000 square feet of "big box" retail village shopping; 275,000 square feet of specialty shops (regional and national retailers); and 80,000 square feet of Class A office space.

By my calculator that's 842,000 sq.ft. of retail, not including the 5 sit-down restaurants, outparcels and 80,000 sq.ft. of office space. So the restaurants may total up 58,000 sq.ft. which would bring it up to 900,000 sq.ft. not including the outparcels.

Even without the restaurants Pinnacle Hills Promenade is around 20,000 sq.ft. larger than NWA Mall. Of course in acreage it will also be much larger than any of the malls in Arkansas.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compared to anything else in NWA it will be. Pinnacle Hills Promenade is actually going to be bigger and better than Branson's Landing in... well... Branson. The good news it it should lighten up traffic at NWA Mall by 34,000 cars daily. LOL

Uhhhhh.........I don't know about that.

Uhhhhh.........I don't know about that.

I was wondering if that might catch your attention. :D

Actually Branson Landing was pretty nice. It's roughly the same size as the Pinnacle Hills Promenade minus a few of the Promenades features like the 12-screen Malco Theatre and the Borders Bookstore. The best feature of Branson Landing is definitely the fountains and I believe the Promenades' fountain and laser light show will be nearly as impressive at the least. I'll give a Branson Landing review in the Branson Landing thread.

Okay we need someone to check out both of them once they're both open. :D I admit I really don't know which would be 'better' I've heard a lot about both of them but haven't been to either one yet.

I just got back from Branson so unless someone else gets there before October 4 I'll be more than happy to give a comparison review.

Looking at the shops online I was less than impressed than what Branson Landing was offering. It certainly doesn't have what Pinnacle Hills Promenade will. It does have a few good restaurants and is a bit more than just a shopping center.

Yea, I had it a bit more built up in my head and when I checked on it, it wasnt quite what I was expecting. The only anchors are Belk and Bass Pro Shops? It isn't bad, but it isn't exactly cutting edge either. I think that the Promenade has a slight edge...we'll see.

Yeah, usually Bass Pros are destinations in and of themselves. This will be just another store in the mall.

It's a nice shop, but the aquarium is about 12 feet wide and definitely the smallest aquarium in any of the Bass Pros I've been to. The one I went to on a trip to Wisconsin had a humongous aquarium that went in all directions and even had a bridge that crossed over it. Branson Landing seemed like more of a sampler of some national chains and some local flavors. It's all about the fountain show.

The BL and the Promenade are not comparable at all, they both are completely different shooping ventures.

The Branson Landing has condo's a 5 story hilton and a 12 story hilton (which are not finished yet) as well as a 1 mile long boardwalk, Wet. Inc Fountain Show (sorry mason's_dad I highly doubt that the promanade fountains will be anywhere near what the BL fountains are) 5 story car garage, floating restaurant, test drive marina, 200,000 sgf. convention center.......which all are not even finished. You can't base your opinion off of a project that isn't even done. The promanade is just like any other upscale lifestyle center across the country. The promanade only has two anchors, a Dillard's and JC Penny's, which is not more impressive than a Bass Pro (even if it is only 40,000 sgf.)

I'm not sitting here and saying that the Promanade isn't impressive, it is. I am saying that the BL and the Promanade can't be compared on any level.

Is it anything like Islamorada, FL?

Because I've been there before and it's one of the most beautiful places in America.

Well, the food will be the same as the Islamorada, FL Fish Co. if thats what you mean. The restaurant will have an upscale indoor inviroment as well as an aircondotioned outdoor dining area.

Is it anything like Islamorada, FL?

Because I've been there before and it's one of the most beautiful places in America.

I've been there before on my way from Miami to Key West. The original Islamorada Fish Co is very cool, it's on a pier at an old sportfishing resort which Bass Pro bought. You can pull your boat right up and eat lunch. They also have a large tank starked with tarpon and all kinds of fish. When Bass Pro put in a store at Dania Beach (near Ft Lauderdale) they put in a IFC there. I don't know if other locations are as good as the original but let me tell you the original is something else. There's another place right up the road called either the Green Turtle Inn I think that's also very good. Still, you can't serve fresh grouper in Branson, so I don't think it could be the same. I sure hope the new store in NLR has a location, though, I'll eat it even if the grouper is frozen.

The BL and the Promenade are not comparable at all, they both are completely different shooping ventures.

The Branson Landing has condo's a 5 story hilton and a 12 story hilton (which are not finished yet) as well as a 1 mile long boardwalk, Wet. Inc Fountain Show (sorry mason's_dad I highly doubt that the promanade fountains will be anywhere near what the BL fountains are) 5 story car garage, floating restaurant, test drive marina, 200,000 sgf. convention center.......which all are not even finished. You can't base your opinion off of a project that isn't even done. The promanade is just like any other upscale lifestyle center across the country. The promanade only has two anchors, a Dillard's and JC Penny's, which is not more impressive than a Bass Pro (even if it is only 40,000 sgf.)

I'm not sitting here and saying that the Promanade isn't impressive, it is. I am saying that the BL and the Promanade can't be compared on any level.

Some features may not be comparable, but let's face it they're both open-air malls and that makes them comparable to each other. I was going to spend time doing a side-by-side comparison, but I won't. All I can say is that Branson Landing's advantage over Pinnacle Hills Promenade is in it's luxury condo and hotel accomodations and a conference center and that's all just a stone's throw from Pinnacle Hills Promenade. Branson Landing is located on waterfront property so that's another advantage it has over Pinnacle Hills Promenade. The Pinnacle Hills Promenade Fountain and Light Show will be impressive enough to stand up against Branson Landing's Fountain and Fire Show:

"The centerpiece of Pinnacle Hills Promenade will be a 72 foot Pinnacle Tower encased in light-emitting diodes (LED). The tower will be adjacent to the Pinnacle Show Fountain and programmed to create daily water and light shows."

Where Pinnacle Hills Promenade has a definite advantage over Branson Landing is in it's tenant list and entertainment, which I believe it was a mistake for BL to not include a movie theatre. Pinnacle Hills Promenade hasn't even finished announcing all their tenants and there's already at least a dozen that are far superior to Branson Landing's mix. And who doesn't love Borders?

To top off Pinnacle Hills Promenade will be the Outdoor Living Room:

"Oversized lamps and whimsical oversized chairs will highlight the outdoor living room, located between the main street and parking area. The 600 square foot performance stage will open to the Grand Lawn where people can rest in the shade of ornamental trees and enjoy a picnic or rest their feet."

And what mall, open-air or not, is complete without a food court:

"The Food Pavilion will spill into the outdoor Children

Macy's may be very likely now that Huntington Mall in West Virginia has one! They also just got a Dick's Sporting Goods!! We're talking about Huntington, WV!!! The town has 52,000 people and the entire county has just over 95,000! The nearest large neighbor is Ashland, KY with only 21,981 people. The median income and median house value is way lower than NWA. NWA has nearly half a million people and wealth and expensive homes!!! What is this world coming to?

Macy's may be very likely now that Huntington Mall in West Virginia has one! They also just got a Dick's Sporting Goods!! We're talking about Huntington, WV!!! The town has 52,000 people and the entire county has just over 95,000! The nearest large neighbor is Ashland, KY with only 21,981 people. The median income and median house value is way lower than NWA. NWA has nearly half a million people and wealth and expensive homes!!! What is this world coming to?

Like I said elsewhere, Federated Dept Stores is on a major national expansion campaign that is supposed to encompass 46 states. We'll probably see Macy's in Arkansas soon enough.

Like I said elsewhere, Federated Dept Stores is on a major national expansion campaign that is supposed to encompass 46 states. We'll probably see Macy's in Arkansas soon enough.

There are enough retail developments going on in central and nortwest Arkansas to accomidate a Macy's. They should definitely locate stores here if they placed one in Huntington, WV

• 3 weeks later...

Talked with an HR manager at the big Wal-Mart distribution center off Airport Road who commutes to work there from Fayetteville:

1. Northbound, she says the traffic around the new mall exit has REALLY increased to the point where she's not taking I-540 any longer, and is instead coming up the road through Elm Springs and Cave Springs.

2. People around the W-M distribution center are getting varying degrees of uneasy at the thought of the Bentonville Arena, XNA,, the fairgrounds, the W-M DC and all the new apartments and houses all sharing the Airport Road which they're built along. But she figured that when enough B'ville wheels get stuck in traffic on the way to a (formerly easy to access) XNA they'll try to push for improvements to that corridor for all the good it will do. (THe last six words are mine, not hers.)

Archived