Two unrelated questions

john_denver

First question:

What is with the retaining wall on Fountain St, right where Eastern meets up with it?

The wall has been broken since a small landslide at least a year ago, maybe two years. I am wondering why the City of Grand Rapids is not fixing this? It's part of the city owned cemetary, right?

Second question:

The Amway Grand Plaza hired a private company from Texas to clean the sewers out on Fulton (across from Kinkos) and now in the parking lot of Charlie's Crab. Was there a problem? Why did they hire a private company and not have the city of GR do it? Why are they even doing in the first place...did they feel the need for really clean sewers?? I live in the Plaza Towers...and these guys have been cleaning the pipes from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week! It's been at least a month since they started. Is this stanard operating procedure or are they getting ready to do something with this lot?

By the way, anybody notice the new tar on the parking lot?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First question:

What is with the retaining wall on Fountain St, right where Eastern meets up with it?

The wall has been broken since a small landslide at least a year ago, maybe two years. I am wondering why the City of Grand Rapids is not fixing this? It's part of the city owned cemetary, right?

I'm guessing this is what you're referring to and your answer is probably in this thread:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...c=18079&hl=

Second question:

The Amway Grand Plaza hired a private company from Texas to clean the sewers out on Fulton (across from Kinkos) and now in the parking lot of Charlie's Crab. Was there a problem? Why did they hire a private company and not have the city of GR do it? Why are they even doing in the first place...did they feel the need for really clean sewers?? I live in the Plaza Towers...and these guys have been cleaning the pipes from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week! It's been at least a month since they started. Is this stanard operating procedure or are they getting ready to do something with this lot?

By the way, anybody notice the new tar on the parking lot?

I've noticed those guys down there too for a while now (What a terrible smelly job). I thought they were just doing the same thing they did last summer farther down Market. I didn't realize they were privately contracted though.. how do you know Amway contracted them?

I've noticed those guys down there too for a while now (What a terrible smelly job). I thought they were just doing the same thing they did last summer farther down Market. I didn't realize they were privately contracted though.. how do you know Amway contracted them?

I have had conversations with Plaza Tower security and maintenance workers over the past few weeks.

My apartment faces the SW. At times the noise and vibration has been too much. I am glad to see they moved on...to Charlie's Crab parking lot.

Archived