Downtown Getting a Market/Grocery Store

grock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have a question -- Could anyone tell be if Railroad Stores is still in business and what is in the Jordan Lane Plaza (Jordan Lane and Berlin Turnpike in Wethersfield.). Thanks...

Jim

The Jordan Lane Plaza is fully occupied or pretty close to it...it features such stores as a Stop & Shop, Payless Shoes, AJ Wright, Friendly Fitness, Eblens, Rainbow Rental, Soverign Bank and GNC

The mall has a website at http://www.cedarshoppingcenters.com/jordanlane.htm

Tycoon:

Where is Filey Pond Plaza? Is it the old Edward's/Stop&Shop on Mountain Ave? (If not, anything in there?). I know S&S went to where Copaco (then Waldbaum's) was. I used to like going to COPACO CENTER when it was 'RURAL' (the old barn in the parking lot!)

JimS

It's the plaza on Tunxis Ave. where Frank's Nursery used to be. Geissler's is in the old Frank's space, which they renovated pretty extensively.

It's the plaza on Tunxis Ave. where Frank's Nursery used to be. Geissler's is in the old Frank's space, which they renovated pretty extensively.

Hmmm...If I recall, that used to be a Popular Supermarket back in the 60s. Mom used to go to COPACO for some of the meats they had -- along with going to East Hartford's MEATTOWN. But Park Ave had a Finast , too.

JimS

The Jordan Lane Plaza is fully occupied or pretty close to it...it features such stores as a Stop & Shop, Payless Shoes, AJ Wright, Friendly Fitness, Eblens, Rainbow Rental, Soverign Bank and GNC

I guess Railroad Stores is gone!

JimS

hahaha... "This is Ruby Vine..."

I guess Ruby's stores are gone now... :-(

JimS

AJ Wright currently occupies the space formerly occupied by Railroad Salvage. I think there was a party store in the space initially after Railroad Salvage closed.

In the early 1980s Stop and Shop was connected to a Bradlees in this plaza. You could walk between the stores inside and check out all of your merchandise at either a Stop and Shop or Bradlees register. Of course, Bradlees eventually moved south into Newington and closed many years later.

from the Hartford Business Journal...

- the market will be open 7am to 7pm on weekdays, to 5pm on Saturdays, and 1pm on Sundays.

- essentials will be sold such as milk, paper towels, and toilet paper

- there will be a 60 seat cafeteria, a 20ft case featuring prepapred meals, a bakery, coffee bar, and pizza oven.

..."DeFrino also wants to include a gourmet cheese bar to create synergy with a potential wine and spirits store expected to open next door, at another Hartford 21 storefront."

source: "Blissfully Awaited"

Hartford Business Journal, Diane Weaver Dunne, 9/25/06

I hope as more people move downtown they expand those operating hours. Are their hours similar at the other location?

Their hours are not because they are downtown...their houses (it appears at least) are based on their Wethersfield location hours which are

Sunday 9:00AM-1:00PM

Monday-Wednesday 9:00AM-6:00PM

Thursday-Friday 9:00AM-7:00PM

Saturday 9:00AM-5:00PM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
from the Hartford Business Journal...

- the market will be open 7am to 7pm on weekdays, to 5pm on Saturdays, and 1pm on Sundays.

- essentials will be sold such as milk, paper towels, and toilet paper

- there will be a 60 seat cafeteria, a 20ft case featuring prepapred meals, a bakery, coffee bar, and pizza oven.

..."DeFrino also wants to include a gourmet cheese bar to create synergy with a potential wine and spirits store expected to open next door, at another Hartford 21 storefront."

source: "Blissfully Awaited"

Hartford Business Journal, Diane Weaver Dunne, 9/25/06

Archived