New West End 10 Story Condo

g-vegasman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cool deal! Thanks, TREY! Speaking of this location, I was talking to my wife just last weekend about this place. It looked as though it had been spruced up a bit with a fresh paint job ... and I couldn't remember if the black tiles had always been there?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, I guess it's good to have some word on this development. They sure have wasted a lot of money on rent (or I'd think) with their sales center sitting with brown paper on the window for all this time.

Nonetheless, I hope that September will prove to be a good time for condo sales. I know they've been working on this project for a long time and they're efforts to get it perfect will show.

This will also mean several new openings along South Main this fall, including this and Twigs' new West End location.

Seeing as how the new master plan is aiming to bring a lot of focus and life to Rhett Street, I hope this project can incorporate retail on the ground floor, though it won't be the end of the world if they don't.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm fine with it looking so generic. Being that it will sit high up on a hill and be seven stories, it will not only loom over Rhett Street, but also over Main Street, Camperdown Way, and River Street. The position itself will make it a little imposing, I don't think the design should add to that factor (in the West End). I'll take the design.

I'm sort of neutral on the design. It's not amazing, but it's certainly not disappointing either. It looks like a standard building, which is not a bad thing. The "win" with this project is that it replaces an eyesore of a building with an urban midrise building. Plus, it will add more residents to the West End. :)

Archived