Sterling Traditions

Florida

it does appear to be an odd spot for this project... not to say a mix of income levels shouldn't intermingle, but that side of town, east of the stadium is full of students and all the amenities students like. are they going to try to gentrify this area? nice project, but they should have built this one downtown.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys think some one these condos will be bought by some wealthy football boosters, and they only use them on gamedays, or when they make periodic trips to Tally? I wouldn't be surprised if some just bought them to use them for the 6 or 7 home games every fall. Anyone living in Tally knows that Hayden Rd. is basically college student center. Are there plans to build new football dorms, because the Sterling Project sits right next to the existing Burt Reynolds Hall, which houses the football team. Maybe the area eventually will be built up with higher income projects, and force college students to move out of the area?

From what I understand, it's a new trend for retirees to buy condos in college towns. There is more to do in them than your traditional "retiree communities". You can attend sports games, go to concerts, see plays, etc.

I have a feeling that BR hall and the other "cheap" student areas will be bought out and the new retirees will be moving in.

Remember the fuss about the boosters parking in the IM fields? One of the solutions was to move the fields off site and put in more RV parking on campus. Does anyone know what happened with that?

I believe these condos on average will be used 12 to 20 nights a year max. Just another dark tower/bldg. on most nights. The draw is definitely Doak and this project in its current scope would not have worked downtown. I too see some "clashes" occurring on a regular basis between those that already live on Hayden and those that will live in this project. It's not my cup of tea especially spending that much money in that location, but it is a free-market system and there does seem to be resources and those interested in it. I really don't think we'll see retirement folks living in this place, that will come more when they build Wescott Place (or whatever the name is) out in Southwood.

These type of condos are being built all around the country at big sports colleges.

I believe these condos on average will be used 12 to 20 nights a year max. Just another dark tower/bldg. on most nights. The draw is definitely Doak and this project in its current scope would not have worked downtown. I too see some "clashes" occurring on a regular basis between those that already live on Hayden and those that will live in this project. It's not my cup of tea especially spending that much money in that location, but it is a free-market system and there does seem to be resources and those interested in it. I really don't think we'll see retirement folks living in this place, that will come more when they build Wescott Place (or whatever the name is) out in Southwood.

These type of condos are being built all around the country at big sports colleges.

"Remember the fuss about the boosters parking in the IM fields? One of the solutions was to move the fields off site and put in more RV parking on campus. Does anyone know what happened with that? "

New IM fields are being built at the Southwest Campus (near Innovation Park). It is a HUGE complex. When it is done, FSU will use the IM fields on campus for academic buidlings, etc.

There will not be any more RV parking on campus, if anything there will be less (unless you count parking garages).

As space becomes more of a premium at FSU (which it will) and it's student population grows (which it does at around 1-2% a year), this kind of booster project will become more valuable.

I don't get how folks think the Symphony will work, but this won't. I suspect the complete opposite (although I do think all of Tally has too many condo projects).

But at the end of the day...the free market will decide.

• 7 months later...

Archived