Boring Charlotte

King_of_queen

Is Charlotte going to get ,anything besides the baseball stadiums, For like Kids or something. I remember my mom owuld take me every where on biz trips, and Especially San Anotnio was fun. Now What kind if family goes to a city for an art museum?

And the City is way to clean, and clean buildings.I hate the buildings in Charlotte Especially Hearst, If we get a new Sig. tower I pray to god its ghetto.Like the WT centers.

:thumbsup: We need to follow Atlantas Guidlines and be more ghetto like them.Or more thuggy.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get a new Sig. tower I pray to god its ghetto.

:rofl::rofl:

Okay I'm with monsoon here. What exactly is a "ghetto" tower? And why on Earth would someone want something like that on their skyline?

Sure urban grit is cool in some cases, but Charlotte's pristine skyline is extremely attractive. It's the same (in my opinion) with Chicago. Chicago has a pretty pristine skyline, especially when seen from the area around the Shedd Aquarium.

Anyway, back to the subject... ghetto?

while your posts makes little sense to me.... if you want a "thuggy" uptown, i suggest you attend our 4th of july festivities in center city.... they are a riot.

WAAAAAAAY too clever!! :rofl:

I have no idea what this request is, but it is interesting. Can you give examples of "ghetto" towers? Do you mean like the public housing towers in Chicago?

As far as stuff for kids, Ray's Splash Planet (water park i think, i've never been there), Imaginon, Freedom Park, Discovery Place, Carowinds (and it's water park), the whitewater center, The Raptor Center, Lake Wylie or Lake Norman, Stowe Botanical Gardens.

What kind of activities does one that doesn't like to take their kids to museums actually like?

Now What kind if family goes to a city for an art museum?

I guess a cultured family.

Is Charlotte going to get ,anything besides the baseball stadiums, For like Kids or something. I remember my mom owuld take me every where on biz trips, and Especially San Anotnio was fun. Now What kind if family goes to a city for an art museum?

And the City is way to clean, and clean buildings.I hate the buildings in Charlotte Especially Hearst, If we get a new Sig. tower I pray to god its ghetto.Like the WT centers.

:thumbsup: We need to follow Atlantas Guidlines and be more ghetto like them.Or more thuggy.

:huh:

People that move to Charlotte from the north & midwest LOVE how clean it is over there, even in the bad parts of town. Why would you want Charlotte to have that gritty look anyways?

I think Two Wachovia almost qualifies as 'ghetto.' It doesn't have a whole lot of architectural spunk. Following that, 400 S Tryon is very 70/80's. Gold on a building to me is ghetto in general.

i completely agree, wach 2 is mad ghetto. although the new paint job made it a little better.

Can you PLEASE explain to me how two of the most streamlined towers ever built (WTC) equate to ghetto? There is absolutely no logic in that statement...and I am just a wee bit offended by it, actually. Even someone as thick-skinned as me has issue with making such a statement a mere three days before the anniversary of the murders of 3,000 innocent people within those two great structures.

What kind of family goes to a city for an art museum? Gee, I don't know. My parents took me to the Met, the Whitney and MOMA in NYC. We went to the National Gallery in DC, and the Mint here in Charlotte. I learned to appreciate the beauty of art and architecture (both classical and modern) by seeing all of the above. I guess I'm just realizing how fortunate I was to have parents like them. I went with my dad to San Antonio when he went to a conference. We went to the Alamo. I saw the River Walk. Was there something for kids we missed?

What does Charlotte have for kids? Well, our tax dollars helped build a new home for the Childrens Theater and Library. Discovery Place sits on Tryon Street. Ray's Splash Planet is in 4th Ward. The Nature Museum is in Freedom Park. What exactly do you want?

And Charlotte is too clean? Sure didn't look that way to me today while driving on I-77. Looked trashy to me. Uptown is clean. I guess I'll take that anyday over the filth I see in so many other American cities. Would you rather we become Elizabeth or Camden, New Jersey?

Again, your logic is lost on me. Maybe you should move to Newark or Bridgeport or New Haven. Plenty of ghetto and trash to go around. Me, I'll take boring Charlotte any day of the week over any of that.

Well, as for the actual subject at hand, Charlotte isn't really an "exciting" city overall. Other than for the occasional convention or sports event, I'm not aware of any major tourism industry boosters (outside of our malls.)

Charlotte is making the necessary advancements to get more interesting in the next decade. The arts project and NHOF should both help influence this city's growth towards a little more entertainment driven style. Heck, even the new White Water Center is already helping to bring new people and new jobs into Charlotte. Is Charlotte boring right now? Compared to the other Top 20 cities in America, definately. Do I think it will eventually earn the status of being a "destination?" Of course.

Archived