Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdkacz

Detroit Lions

196 posts in this topic

So does anyone have hope for the Lions? Can they live up to the strong seasons of the Wings, Pistons and Tigers, or is it another long here?

I'm thinking another long year... 6-10. I hope Im wrong.

They go 4-12 at best. John who? Oh yeah, that's their quarterback.

Idk, maybe they'll win 5 or 6 games.

watch, they go 13-3 ,lol.

If they go 13-3, I'll buy everyone on this board a new BMW.

Now for the legal notice: Just in case the Detroit Lions do go 13-3, I will not really buy anyone a BMW. :thumbsup:

I actually can say I have some hope. Especially when there were people saying the tigers were going to only have another 70 win season, and look at them now. :thumbsup:

They will become the first team to not allow the opponent to score a touch down for the entire season

I was impressed with the defense this past weekend. I think it was really a lost opportunity to steal one against the recent NFC champs.

However, we have Roy Williams's guaranteed victory against Chicago. I don't see that going over too well in Chicago.

However, we have Roy Williams's guaranteed victory against Chicago. I don't see that going over too well in Chicago.

Maybe he'll pull a Rasheed Wallace :D

I would consider an 8-8 season this year a smashing success. Overall, I thought they did all right last week, especially on defense. They always used to get burned on long passes, have sloppy tackling, and just fall apart in the third quarter. Sunday I thought they got the fundamentals right and they were solid for the whole game. I mean, heck, they held last years leading rusher to 50 yards and didn't allow a touchdown. Not bad considering they were playing a team that is a lot of people's pick to win the super bowl this year.

Offensively, they were atrocious, as usual. I dont like Kitna either, he has the same problem as Harrington did: he wont stay in the pocket and throw the ball. And signing him made no sense to me. If you are building a team, why get an old never-was for a quarterback who is going to retire in three years?

I'm probably the only Lions fan south of the Michigan-Ohio line but I'm not optimistic this year. 8-8 would be success in my opinion. Will the Lions ever win the Super Bowl? Its possible but not with Kitna at the helm.

What's everyone's projections for this Sunday.

I see Detroit losing 19-7.

I think the Lions might get two 40 yard filed goals from Hanson.

Bears 17 Lions 6

Wow, that guarantee really looked like it worked out great. The Lions looked horrid. When's the bye week...

Hey just two more losses and I can really keep my promise of buying everyone a BMW.

We play Green Bay this week, if we lose here, maybe we can start talking about who'll we take with the first overall pick in next year's draft.

We play Green Bay this week, if we lose here, maybe we can start talking about who'll we take with the first overall pick in next year's draft.

I think this will be the first win of the year for the Lions.

They're still going to be 5-11 at year's end.

So, who is Detroit going to pick in the draft next year? :P They really need a good quarterback, so they'll pick a punter. What a disaster.

So, who is Detroit going to pick in the draft next year? :P They really need a good quarterback, so they'll pick a punter. What a disaster.

It

No kidding, Millen has hired 2 fired coaches already, Maranelli, hire #3 could be fire #3 eventually. I would think that with blind luck you can hire a good coach sooner or later. Its the drafts of Millen that've kept the Lions bad. Just look at how many #1 picks Millen has already wasted. Charlie Rogers, Joey Harrington and guys still on the roster, Roy Williams & Kevin Jones haven't lived up to their potential.

When does the Fords hold Millen accountable and finnally fire him for assembling this mess?

Sweet, the Lions found a way to lose the game. 0-4.

Well, the Lions snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. They can (almost) always manage to put together three decent quarters of football. Unfortunately, in the fourth quarter they always manage to fall apart.