Detroit Lions

egrguy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was impressed with the defense this past weekend. I think it was really a lost opportunity to steal one against the recent NFC champs.

However, we have Roy Williams's guaranteed victory against Chicago. I don't see that going over too well in Chicago.

I would consider an 8-8 season this year a smashing success. Overall, I thought they did all right last week, especially on defense. They always used to get burned on long passes, have sloppy tackling, and just fall apart in the third quarter. Sunday I thought they got the fundamentals right and they were solid for the whole game. I mean, heck, they held last years leading rusher to 50 yards and didn't allow a touchdown. Not bad considering they were playing a team that is a lot of people's pick to win the super bowl this year.

Offensively, they were atrocious, as usual. I dont like Kitna either, he has the same problem as Harrington did: he wont stay in the pocket and throw the ball. And signing him made no sense to me. If you are building a team, why get an old never-was for a quarterback who is going to retire in three years?

We play Green Bay this week, if we lose here, maybe we can start talking about who'll we take with the first overall pick in next year's draft.

So, who is Detroit going to pick in the draft next year? :P They really need a good quarterback, so they'll pick a punter. What a disaster.

No kidding, Millen has hired 2 fired coaches already, Maranelli, hire #3 could be fire #3 eventually. I would think that with blind luck you can hire a good coach sooner or later. Its the drafts of Millen that've kept the Lions bad. Just look at how many #1 picks Millen has already wasted. Charlie Rogers, Joey Harrington and guys still on the roster, Roy Williams & Kevin Jones haven't lived up to their potential.

When does the Fords hold Millen accountable and finnally fire him for assembling this mess?

Well, the Lions snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. They can (almost) always manage to put together three decent quarters of football. Unfortunately, in the fourth quarter they always manage to fall apart.

Archived