Detroit Lions

egrguy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the Lions actually win today? Im amazed, up 17-3 on the road against a halfway decent team in Minnesota.

Nevermind, I think I spoke to soon, its already 17-16 4th qrt. I guess they will find a way to lose this one too. I guess they couldn't get any of that Tiger winning attitude.

Why not. Do you think the area can support a professional sports team? I mean look at Green Bay, pop. 101,100; metro pop. 237,166. They are on the small side of the scale. Then Grand Rapids, pop. 195,115; metro pop. 740,482. They sit in the middle. Then look at Buffalo, pop. 282,864; metro pop. 1,170,111. They would be at the top of this scale. What do you think? Could it be pulled off, or better yet, will it.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Tigers sesaon is over, do we have to start paying attention to the Lions again? I really have not watched them much this year, and i am a big fan. It almost seems as thought i want to take the year off from the Lions and come back fully geeked next year. Only to be disapointed again perhaps.

Now that the Tigers sesaon is over, do we have to start paying attention to the Lions again? I really have not watched them much this year, and i am a big fan. It almost seems as thought i want to take the year off from the Lions and come back fully geeked next year. Only to be disapointed again perhaps.

Nope! Now it's hockey season. :) I'm usually a huge Wings fan, but have yet to watch a full game this year. It's definitely attributed to the Tiger's having their terrific season.

Lion's are hopeless. :{sodEmoji.|}

Same here. It was so wierd watching the Tigers instead of the Wings in October, I couldn't pull myself away to catch a Wings game.

The Lions are hopeless though. Why bother anymore. Besides it's also Pistons season. Why be disappointed when there are other, better teams, to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, the Lions lost to the Cardinals 10-17. Very nice, it looks like we can start talking who they'll take with the #1 pick.

QB? Troy Smith? Brady Quinn? Some other position.

Also, with the Lions going in the tank again, and with Millen not having a winning record in his 6 yrs do you think they'll finally can him?

Eh, the Lions lost to the Cardinals 10-17. Very nice, it looks like we can start talking who they'll take with the #1 pick.

QB? Troy Smith? Brady Quinn? Some other position.

Also, with the Lions going in the tank again, and with Millen not having a winning record in his 6 yrs do you think they'll finally can him?

They are hopeless. They will no doubt get a top ten pick and decide to get someone they don't need. They haven't had a good quarterback in 50 years, and they apparently have no interest in one, either. They are mediocre in every aspect of the game, which means they will lose all the time. A good defense would win them half of their games. Same thing for a good offense. They have a C team everywhere you look, which means nothing but losing, with the occasional good game (e.g. Atlanta). Millen absolutely HAS to go.

With the following games up ahead, I'd say they'd be lucky to get 2 wins, maybe 1 is possible with the homegame against Minnesota.

Dec 3 at New England

Dec 10 Minnesota

Dec 17 at Green Bay

Dec 24 Chicago

Dec 31 at Dallas

Brady Quinn, get ready to move a few hours east to Detroit.

The Lie-downs will probebly draft a punter for their #1 pick. I can see it now, Millen and Paul Tagliabue standing at the podium in NYC on draft calling on the punter from South Dakota State as the top pick in the 2007 draft. Millen, when asked why he would do such an ignorant thing, will say that a punter can add the most offense with the least amount of help from the other players. Then the whole room will start chanting "Fire Millen" and maybe, just maybe, Ford will finally can him.

Troy Smith!! he would be good for the lions because he can run. The most frustrating thing about the lions besides their inconsitancies is the fact that there are so many 3rd downs where the QB gets sacked or throws it away. TS can throw but more importantly for the lions he can run, and working under a veteran like kitna for a couple years could be a great benifit.

This week's SI "power rankings" (Lions are dead last) cracked me up:

Detroit Lions (2-9)

Someone sits in a little public address booth, giggling to himself, and when the visiting Dolphins' defense is introduced, he gets ex-Lion QBs Joey Harrington's name thrown in, to achieve the full flavor of the boos, and just to make the thing more nasty, he arranges it so that Billy Joel's "Piano Man" comes over the loud speaker. Harrington plays the piano. Now the Lions are in total denial. No one claims responsibility, of course, although the finger of guilt is being leveled at a guy called Bryan Bender, their Director of Broadcast and Production. What a team! What an operation! I wish I could move this team down to 35th spot or so.

Archived