Detroit Lions

egrguy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The Detroit Lions will be 7-9 this year, but they will be a blast to watch because all the games will be something like 39-36 shootouts. I would rather have a fun and gun 7-9 team than what we have seen the past few years (bad O, bad D).

Marinelli is good for this team, but Martz is the key. Keep him here.

I dont play fantasy, but I'd be concerned about Kitna's potential for throwing a lot of picks. He had a nasty habit of making some lousy throws last year. He'll throw for a ton of yards, though.

If they want to have a chance this year, they absolutely have to win their first two games, against Oakland and Minnesota.

I didn't take Kitna in my fantasy draft as I think Stanton will be the QB as the season will be over by week 8 if not sooner. I'd like to have Martz have as much time with Stanton as possible. With his history, Kurt Warner (AFL) and Marc Bulger (6th Rd pick) Id like to think he could do something nice with Stanton. However, Im sure the Lions will scew it up somehow.

A win! I can't believe it! Granted it was against the worst team in the NFL last year, but they still won it on the road, even though I got a little nervous there in the 2nd half that they'd blow it.

Overall, an exciting game and a victory to boot. Does anyone know the last time the Lions started 1-0? Was it the Bobby Ross era?

A win! I can't believe it! Granted it was against the worst team in the NFL last year, but they still won it on the road, even though I got a little nervous there in the 2nd half that they'd blow it.

Overall, an exciting game and a victory to boot. Does anyone know the last time the Lions started 1-0? Was it the Bobby Ross era?

Passing game, O-line, D-line looked very good. Rogers is a monster! Secondary was shaky, running game was so-so. Sometimes their running backs looked like they had anvils strapped to their feet. But the best part was when they blew their lead, they came back and won! I thought Kitna looked great and was very accurate, and threw only one dumb interception (the other one I blame on Williams). I also liked the lack of dumb penalties, they forced three or four turnovers (how many games was it last year before they got an int? six?), and they didn't give up many big plays (I can think of only one) . They actually looked like they gave a s___ and wanted to win, which we didn't see last year. Nice job Lions!

Archived