Detroit Lions

egrguy

^ haha, I'm surprised there wasent another "fire Millen" rally this season.

They figured out another way to drop a game at new england by a touchdown, that makes 8? out the 10 losses by 7 points or less. That just shows that they don't know how to win.

Josh McCown at reciver and Mike Williams is on the sideline? only the lions.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was funny. They had the ball with 2:30 in the 4th, down by 7, and I thought to myself, "hmm...we'll see three botched plays followed by an interception." Instead, we got 2 botched plays and an interception. Par for the course. :lol:

Anybody here read the onion? :rofl:

Lions Claim They Spoiled Patriots' Season

DETROIT-Jubilant Lions fans, players, and coaches alike continue to ride the wave of good feelings and positive thinking that began after the team lost by only a single touchdown to the talented and efficient New England Patriots Sunday, a fact they say negates anything else the Patriots achieve this season. "For a team like ours to hold a lead against a team like that going into the fourth quarter

Are we pencilling in Brady Quinn? Or will Matt Miller trade the #1 pick for several 6th & 7th round picks stating "adding depth to our already talented roster was our #1 priority."

Can't wait to see how he botches this up. Just don't be the Texans who passed on stud HB Reggie Bush and the hometown stud QB Vince Young. That there was a classic Millen move.

Are we pencilling in Brady Quinn? Or will Matt Miller trade the #1 pick for several 6th & 7th round picks stating "adding depth to our already talented roster was our #1 priority."

Can't wait to see how he botches this up. Just don't be the Texans who passed on stud HB Reggie Bush and the hometown stud QB Vince Young. That there was a classic Millen move.

haha the texans

T Smith vs. Quinn

Smith could be a vince young, Quinn could be another Joey, I'd go with Smith even though hes from THE ohio state

I don't think it matters. If they had a #1 or #2 pick, I would like to see them draft more of a dual-threat QB like Troy Smith since the Lions have no offensive line. But who are we kidding here? The Lions have had top draft picks for the last five years and have a 2-11 record to show for it. Why would getting another one be any different? If they don't wipe out the front office and start over, their best chance is to put the team in Marinelli and Martz's complete control and let them sign whoever they want.

This would be interesting...

"Detroit offensive coordinator Mike Martz has a Marshall plan if the Lions need help at running back in 2007. Marshall Faulk, whose Hall of Fame career flourished in St. Louis with Martz as offensive coordinator and coach, recently said he would like to play again."

-- Detroit News

This would be interesting...

"Detroit offensive coordinator Mike Martz has a Marshall plan if the Lions need help at running back in 2007. Marshall Faulk, whose Hall of Fame career flourished in St. Louis with Martz as offensive coordinator and coach, recently said he would like to play again."

-- Detroit News

That is interesting. It didn't work with Az-Hakir Akeem, but Faulk is a player on a whole differenet level.

Point to ponder, who was the last successful running QB that was under 6'0? Doug Flutie? I am fully against taking Smith in the first day of the draft. He is not 6'4 like Vince Young.

I don't see how they can pass on a franchise QB like Brady Quinn. He is different then Harrington in that A) He's shown much more consistant success within an environment that was much more scrutinized then Oregon. Plus, he's had 2 years of coaching of one of the NFL's most prolific offensive coordinaters in his day.

If the Lions don't take Quinn, I hope its b/c they've been able to trade down and get multiple picks in return.

That is interesting. It didn't work with Az-Hakir Akeem, but Faulk is a player on a whole differenet level.

Point to ponder, who was the last successful running QB that was under 6'0? Doug Flutie? I am fully against taking Smith in the first day of the draft. He is not 6'4 like Vince Young.

I don't see how they can pass on a franchise QB like Brady Quinn. He is different then Harrington in that A) He's shown much more consistant success within an environment that was much more scrutinized then Oregon. Plus, he's had 2 years of coaching of one of the NFL's most prolific offensive coordinaters in his day.

If the Lions don't take Quinn, I hope its b/c they've been able to trade down and get multiple picks in return.

I would only be happy with a "skilled position" draft pick if they built up their lines. In the only game where they played worth a crap (Atlanta), Kitna was protected so he sat back and killed the secondary. On the other side, the Lions front 4 pressured Vick into making crappy passes and mistakes all day long.

In every game I have watched since then, the pass protection has been non-existant and the front four on the D-line have not put an ounce of pressure on anyone, especially in the fourth quarter, so Kitna is the one making stupid desicions and the other teams' QBs have picked about the Lion's secondary.

Quinn or another QB is doomed to typical Lions crash-and-burn failure until they can get some people who can block for them.

17-9 loss at Green Bay making them 2-12. I think this is one of the worst Lions teams I've seen in... wait.... they've been consistanly this bad ever since Marty Morinwheg was coach. This is horrible. I don't think it matters who is draft as long as Millen's in charge. Awful.

17-9 loss at Green Bay making them 2-12. I think this is one of the worst Lions teams I've seen in... wait.... they've been consistanly this bad ever since Marty Morinwheg was coach. This is horrible. I don't think it matters who is draft as long as Millen's in charge. Awful.

Hilariously, comically pitiful. The Packers tried their best to give the game to Detroit, but the Lions were bound and determined to blow it, and they did, with flying colors.

You know you've got an inept team when they have 3rd and 6, and they run a QB sneak...TWICE! Yeesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Lions win, Oakland loses, so in the last week of the year the Lions blow getting the #1 pick. So I guess the point of taking Brady Quinn or trading down is moot.

The Lions always find a way of screwing things up somehow.

Well what were they supposed to do, forfeit? Throw the game? I for one am glad that they won and looked like a real football team for a change. They still get the #2 pick, but it doesnt matter anyways. They have had top ten picks for years now and are still lousy. They need a heck of a lot more than draft picks to turn the ship around.

Well what were they supposed to do, forfeit? Throw the game? I for one am glad that they won and looked like a real football team for a change. They still get the #2 pick, but it doesnt matter anyways. They have had top ten picks for years now and are still lousy. They need a heck of a lot more than draft picks to turn the ship around.

I certainly wouldn't want them to throw the game. It was just the Lions luck that they win the last game to cause them to lose the #1 pick. What I want to know is where was the team that beat Atlanta and Dallas the remaining games? If those games are a preview of what a Rod Marinelli team will be like, then I certainly hope he remains on the job. However, Millen is back again for 2007. Yeah!

As expected, Millen reportedly back for another season

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.s....xml&coll=1

• 2 weeks later...

As expected, Millen reportedly back for another season

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.s....xml&coll=1

What was the final decision on the "Fire Millen" signs at the games? I heard something about since part of the funding to build Ford Field came from public city accounts, these people have the protection of free speech. I thought some lawyer was going to see about getting the free speech part enforced.

Maybe if EVERYONE at Ford Field Showed up with "Fire Millen" signs for the first game, it might send a message to Bill Ford and the rest of the Lion's organization, that as long as Millen is there, the team will never see a playoff game.

I would love to see everyone in the stadium show up with "Fire Millen" signs. What are they going to do, remove everyone from the building?

• 3 months later...

I hear Detroit is leaning towards Calvin Johnson for their #2 overall pick this Saturday. I can only hope Millen is hyping Johnson, so he can sucked Atlanta or Tampa Bay to trade up so he can get extra picks + Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas. However, based on his past drafts, this is way above Millen's ability as a GM.

I hear Detroit is leaning towards Calvin Johnson for their #2 overall pick this Saturday. I can only hope Millen is hyping Johnson, so he can sucked Atlanta or Tampa Bay to trade up so he can get extra picks + Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas. However, based on his past drafts, this is way above Millen's ability as a GM.

Ha! Are you serious? A freaking wide receiver?! Detroit should absolutely take Joe Thomas. For all the complaining about their crappy defense, the offense had a shot to win about 6 games last year, and blew every single one of them, mostly because they can't protect the QB.

• 2 months later...

So, I know this is a bit early but... What are your predictions for the Lions this year. I am going with 2 games below .500.

I'm going with the same prediction I have every year: 10-6

I'm bound to be right one of these times.

What I'm excited for:

• Watching a team's #2 corner try to cover Calvin or Roy while the nickel guy is on Furrey.
  • Seeing Stanton in the preseason
  • Watching a good running game (when one goes down, we have two starting caliber guys waiting)
  • Getting surprised by a guy who comes from nowhere (like Furrey last year).

I'm going with the same prediction I have every year: 10-6

I'm bound to be right one of these times.

What I'm excited for:

• Watching a team's #2 corner try to cover Calvin or Roy while the nickel guy is on Furrey.
  • Seeing Stanton in the preseason
  • Watching a good running game (when one goes down, we have two starting caliber guys waiting)
  • Getting surprised by a guy who comes from nowhere (like Furrey last year).

This is what John Kitna quoted should be their record for the upcoming year. I honestly expect some improvement. I mean, Kitna threw the ball nearly 500 times last year. If he does that again this year with Calvin Johnson, I at least expect an 7-9 team and a good fantasy year out of Kitna.

I would be very pleased with 7-9. Williams, Johnson and Furrey are going to a big problem for opposing secondaries, BUT it will be useless if Kitna can't get some decent protection. That is their biggest problem if you ask me. If their O-line is solid this year, I expect good things. If not, it will be the same old Lions.

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out! A double digit win season?!?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-l...p&type=lgns

Lions' Kitna talking big heading into training camp

Jon Kitna predicts the Detroit Lions will end a string of six double-digit loss seasons with at least 10 wins.

That's pretty heady stuff considering the Lions are the worst team in the NFL since 2001, have one playoff win since taking the NFL title in 1957 and haven't been in the postseason since 1999.

Yet, on the eve of training camp Wednesday, coach Rod Marinelli didn't have a problem with his quarterback's bravado.

The GRPress "Benchwarmer" columnist is seeking Lions jokes.

I keep seeing hilarious thrown-out lines in my Sunday Freep, but they aren't available on the web. (Stuff like a reference to a masquerade, dressing up like a professional, "just like they do at Ford Field.")

Archived